Cannot use NetAtmo Weather Station External Temp

Remarks, questions, tips and tricks regarding the Netatmo applications.
dmatteo

Cannot use NetAtmo Weather Station External Temp

Post by dmatteo »

Hello.
More than three weeks ago i bought the Weather Station and Thermostat, they runs very well and are registered under same account.
I've only ony problem, i cannot choose the Weather Station as external temperature reference i can use only public weather service.
Someone could explain me why ??

Thanks.
Attachments
NoWeatherNetAtmo.jpg
NoWeatherNetAtmo.jpg (65.01 KiB) Viewed 1637 times
Nicorazio

Re: Cannot use NetAtmo Weather Station External Temp

Post by Nicorazio »

Me too sigh
dmatteo

Post by dmatteo »

It is really ridiculous ! I purchased weather station only to permit thermo to working accurately!
I just opened two ticket one from the app and one from website.
From the app the support reply to me that to use weather station external temp i've t wait 2-3 weeks but i've just specified that the thermo is working from 3 weeks !!! Very useless support !!!
From the website i'm waiting for the answer from 1 day !!!
I would like that some NetAtmo support moderators give us a decent reply to this problem, since it is a problem that affects more than one person.
Nicorazio

Post by Nicorazio »

Also I have bought weather station for the same reason, I am not satisfied, it is ridiculous that nobody can solve this problem and that no one cares
Attachments
Screenshot 2016-11-08 14.58.42.png
Screenshot 2016-11-08 14.58.42.png (61.99 KiB) Viewed 1616 times
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hello,
Please keep in mind that the time is not the only parameter. The Thermostat has to order heating during long periods to be able to know the maximum heating power.
If you have installed the Thermostat and/or the Station at the beginning of summer, you can wait for months before being able to select the Station for outdoor temperatures.
On your screenshots, I can see "+1H" and "+24H". This does not seem to be enough. Please wait again for few days, and it should be OK :-)
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
dmatteo

Post by dmatteo »

Thank you Brieuc, finally a good support reply ;)
I think that it would be a good argument to add to the FAQ.
Nicorazio

Post by Nicorazio »

OK thanks. I do not understand, however, why not use immediately the real temperature weather station than using the weather forecast?
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hello,
The heating prediction parameters have to be computed after few days of analysis. Usually it's faster to compute parameters with weather forecasts, because the Station provides much more precise data.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
Nicorazio

Post by Nicorazio »

ok many thanks for the reply. I installed the weather station a few days ago it seemed that the reference temperature outside was already synchronized on the thermostat. Now it is not so but first it seemed to work.

Return to “Thermostat iOS/Android/Web Application”