Homekit setup code

Remarks, questions, tips and tricks regarding the Netatmo applications.
ale28

Homekit setup code

Post by ale28 »

Where do I find my homekit code?
I don't find this on package or on object.
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: Homekit setup code

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi,

Pairing process described here:
https://helpcenter.netatmo.com/en-us/sm ... setup-code

When pairing the Thermostat to HomeKit, the HomeKit pairing code will automatically be displayed on the Thermostat screen (instead of the temperatures).

To proceed with the association, you must initially have installed and connected the Thermostat.
The HomeKit pairing procedure is normally an integral part of the installation process of the iOS Energy application. If this step was not performed during the first installation, it is possible to do it afterwards.

To do so, please follow this procedure:
- go to the settings of the Energy application on your iOS device ("gear" icon in the upper left corner)
- go to the menu "Manage my Home"
- click on the Relay button
- click on the "Configure HomeKit" button

The instructions are then displayed on the screen. You will need to capture the code displayed on the Thermostat screen with the camera of your smartphone or tablet.
It is not possible to do the HomeKit association from the Apple Home app, it is mandatory to use the Netatmo Energy application.

Have a nice day!
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
JesCR

Post by JesCR »

@Brieuc_Netatmo
And where the hell is that Homekit icon logo now!!!
Last app update broke my homekit / siri integration, now i can use the smartphone to control the temperature, and that is the way my family use the thermostat...
bpinto

Post by bpinto »

I couldn't configure it by following the instructions above, but I could get around the menus on the iPhone app.

Settings > Manage My Home > (Relay Name) > Setup HomeKit
durix

Post by durix »

Hi,

I can't manage to pair my thermostat with homekit.
I keep on following this procedure, i flash the code but then the pairing with the relay fails.
Any clue on how to solve this?

thanks
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi durix,
Could you please share the error message you get?
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
durix

Post by durix »

Hi,
I got different error message
-wrong homekit code (although i used the photo option to insert the code)
-unable to reach relay

Moreover i was not able to set up the thermostat using my iphone, it failed when setting the wifi.
i had to go through my computer.

Can my netatmo be faulty?
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi,
Please try to reset the Relay, and once done, install it as it was new (thermostat.netatmo.com).
After the Wi-Fi connection process, the HomeKit installation process will automatically start.
If it still does not work, you will probably have to reset the iCloud keychain and start the process once again (I will let you know how to do so if necessary).
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
durix

Post by durix »

I already tried this over a dozen times, no success at all.
I can only achieve the wifi set up with my computer. it fails systematically with iphone or ipad.
What is the next step?
thanks
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

OK.

In this case, please follow this process:
1) plug the device (iPad, iPhone ...) on its AC adaptor, and restart it. This will increase the chances that iCloud synchronization will occur.
2) check if all devices that use the same iCloud account are synchronized correctly (repeat the above procedure).
3) clean the iCloud cache for HomeKit. Warning: When you follow this process, all information of the Home must be rebuilt.
  • a) On your Apple device, go to Settings> iCloud> Keychain, and then turn off the iCloud Keychain.
    b) Go to Settings> Privacy> HomeKit, then select "Reset HomeKit..."
    c) Go to Settings> iCloud> Keychain, and then re-enable the iCloud Keychain.
4) repeat the Relay reset process and connect it using only your iOS device.

If it still does not work, please contact our Customer Service (https://www.netatmo.com/helpcenter/), mentioning this topic of the forum.
Have a nice day!
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

Return to “Thermostat iOS/Android/Web Application”