Homekit setup code

Remarks, questions, tips and tricks regarding the Netatmo applications.
GEORGzer

Re: Homekit setup code

Post by GEORGzer »

Ok my fault, sorry :roll:
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
calamar

Post by calamar »

Ok, I will explain again.

I follow the steps explained in the first post:
  1. I open the Energy App and go to the Config screen.
  2. Click on "Manage my home" (my app is in spanish, so...)
  3. Click on "Relay".
  4. Click on "Installation" on the "Config HomeKit" option.
  5. I get the first screen of the Wizard (see at the end of my message). If I click on "Identify accesory", my Relay starts blinking in white.
  6. I click on "Next".
  7. I get the "Connecting to relay..." screen. Then, in less than a second, it closes and I return to the main screen with the thermostat temperatures.
I did it with my thermostat in front of me and no HomeKit code appears on the screen.

So, what else I need to do?
calamar

Post by calamar »

So, finally, I solved by myself. Neither the instructions on the first post, nor the User Manual works to pair the Thermostat with HomeKit.

Finally, I opened HomeKit app and selected the option that says "I don't have a device code". Then, a screen appears with the Thermostat detected, I select it and HomeKit requests to manually enter the code. In that moment, the screen of the Thermostat changed and showed the code (for the first time!!). I put the code in the HomeKit app and now it's properly linked.

The link in the Energy App to configure HomeKit didn't work at all.

I believe this should be explained somewhere or in the instructions manual.
orlincho

Post by orlincho »

I’ve bought an used thermostat from amazon. And attempt to connect to HomeKit fails due to fact that initial user already connected it once without disconnecting. How can I restet such connection? I assume this info is kept in apple.

Return to “Thermostat iOS/Android/Web Application”