Homekit setup code

Remarks, questions, tips and tricks regarding the Netatmo applications.
durix

Re: Homekit setup code

Post by durix »

Hi,

I tried this several time including one with a iPhone without iCloud.
No success to set up WiFi.
I can only do it with a computer or an android phone.

After WiFi setup with computer I tried again HomeKit installation no success also.

Is my Netatmo faulty?

Thanks.
Mikill

Post by Mikill »

Same Issue here. Same step done.. i can't get homekit to work. When i start the configuration of the homekit, the app keep searching the relè without finding it. I bought netatmo just because of HomeKit. The first time i configure it last here it worked flawlessy, now when i try to use it , homekit says: no response in every room ( i have also a valve ). I delete netatmo from homekit to reinstall it and now i cant even reinstall it cause it doesn't find the relè. The energy app anyway works as usual.
Heero

Post by Heero »

Hi guys,

In order to be able to perform the HomeKit setup, you need to have the radio link set between the Thermostat and the Relay. Prior to perform the HomeKit setup, please try to change the temperature of the Thermostat using the Netatmo Application, and if the temperature changes physically on the Thermostat, you will be able to perform the HomeKit setup.

Please notice that only Relay that have a white LED will have HomeKit enabled. The ones with blue LED do not support HomeKit setup.

Also, you'll need to be connected on the same WiFi as the relay of the Thermostat to be able to perform this setup.

Please let us know if you are still facing problem performing this setup.

Best Regards,
Heero
Netatmo team
Mikill

Post by Mikill »

Hi ! I confirm the relay and the thermostat work. I can change temperature and everything goes as expected. I have the netatmo since last year. I also confirm that home kit worked good last year. I try to use it again this month and it keeps saying "device not responding" for the thermostat, for the relay and for the valve that i just bought. So i tried to reset everything but now the HOMEKIT configuration from the app doesn't find the relay..
Mikill

Post by Mikill »

Hello... after the app update (iOS) of 2 days ago, and after an hard reset , i was able to activate home kit
calamar

Post by calamar »

Hello all,

I was trying to configure HomeKit following the instructions in the first message and I was not able. I follow the steps, click on "Install" in the HomeKit option. Then a message appears with some info that says to click Next to start the process. I click "Next", then a screen searching for the relay appears and after less than a second, it dissapears and I return to the Home screen of the Energy App. Nothing happens. No codes appears on the Thermostat screen.

Thermostat is working, showing the current room temperature and setpoint. Boiler is running. I can connect to the Thermostat and the Relay through the App.

What else I need to test?

Thanks!
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

The Homekit-Code is printed on a sticker on the Relaise or the Box ;)
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
calamar

Post by calamar »

I checked the whole box and instruction manuals. No QR code found on it. Just the standard barcode as all the products. Could you show me a picture of where it is printed?

Don't know if the relay has it. It's already installed in the wall. :roll:
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

It's not a QR Code, it's a 8 digit numeral code. The sticker looks like this and was original placed on the front of the Relaise.
55d3a280-6624-4f2f-8cf8-35ebac1f176e.png
If your product doesn't has any code sticker like this, maybe you got a 1st. generation Thermostat that is not homekit compatible?
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

GEORGzer wrote:The Homekit-Code is printed on a sticker on the Relaise or the Box ;)
Hi,
Please pay attention: this advice only applies to the Relay of the Starter Pack.
For the Relay of the Thermostat, the HomeKit pairing code is automatically displayed on the Thermostat's screen as soon as the HomeKit pairing process is launched from the Energy app.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

Return to “Thermostat iOS/Android/Web Application”