Bring back indefinite setpoints!

Remarks, questions, tips and tricks regarding the Netatmo applications.
Un4Seen

Re: Bring back indefinite setpoints!

Post by Un4Seen »

Yeah, a lot of things would be "mandatory", but Netatmo has not been responding to such or similar user request at all. We have been asking for A LOT of features for a year at least, but even responses to forum entries are few and impementing our requests is completely missing.

I've actually asked Tado a few weeks ago about the accuracy of their temperature estimation specifically because I had severe problems with Netatmo in that department (one of my valves was off by several degrees because it was confused by the fact that I was keeping the room door sometimes open other times closed). Tado told me that they have no such problems and their valves are estimating temperature accurately down to 0.5 degrees, always. So I guess that's how much sincerity you can expect from any company, based on your problem report...

Honestly, I'm waiting for the day when a company will realize that it can deliver superior systems to all existing ones (Tado, Netatmo, etc) by adding external temperature sensors in each room and not relying on temperature estimation at the valve, which can never be fully accurate. Actually, that it one of the many things that I've suggested to Netatmo too, but of course, it never got considered.
neen1967n

Post by neen1967n »

Un4Seen wrote: Honestly, I'm waiting for the day when a company will realize that it can deliver superior systems to all existing ones (Tado, Netatmo, etc) by adding external temperature sensors in each room and not relying on temperature estimation at the valve, which can never be fully accurate. Actually, that it one of the many things that I've suggested to Netatmo too, but of course, it never got considered.
Isn't TRUE TEMPERATURE working correctly?
I am still instaling the valves, so I have not tested the feature.
neen1967n

Post by neen1967n »

@Brieuc_Netatmo
Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Hello,
Indefinite temperature setpoints never existed before...
Anyway thank you for your suggestion, it will be discussed.
In the meantime, you can set a new schedule or set the Away mode "until changed" with the setpoint you wish.
Have a nice day.
Another possibility could be to be able to switch off the single valves or the single room in case you want to avoid a room to be heated.
When it is switched off it will be indefinitely. When switched on it will follow the schedule.
This will solve my issues and it is probably easier to implement.
What do you think?
Un4Seen

Post by Un4Seen »

neen1967n wrote:
Un4Seen wrote: Honestly, I'm waiting for the day when a company will realize that it can deliver superior systems to all existing ones (Tado, Netatmo, etc) by adding external temperature sensors in each room and not relying on temperature estimation at the valve, which can never be fully accurate. Actually, that it one of the many things that I've suggested to Netatmo too, but of course, it never got considered.
Isn't TRUE TEMPERATURE working correctly?
I am still instaling the valves, so I have not tested the feature.
The true temperature is about manually compensating the temperature if it is not estimated correctly by the automatic algorithm. But in a situation like mine where the door is sometimes open, other times closed (so the thermal properties of the room change) manual compensation does not really work, because it compensates for one given situation and I have two different situations. When the door is open, it under heats, if I compensate to heat more then when the door is closed, it overheats. And the other way around. They seem to have made some improvements in the area, but still it screws up the estimation sometimes. The only true solution is to have an independent sensor from the valve, far away form the radiator and not try to estimate and guess the temperature, but have an actual measurement of how much it is. Of course, the thermal inertia of the radiator still has to be taken into account, some guesswork is still involved, but considerably less.
Tommaso Florino

Post by Tommaso Florino »

valves with external temperature sensors already exist (https://www.fibaro.com/it/products/the-heat-controller/) personally I'm satisfied by my Netatmo system.but it is true that could be a great improvement to add external sensor (Netatmo wheather station modules?)
Un4Seen

Post by Un4Seen »

Thanks for the Fibaro link! I was aware of their thermostatic valve but I didn't know that it actually works as part of an integrated heating system. It's a great alternative because it is Z-Wave based, meaning that there is chain communication between the components and there is no unsolvable range problem like with Netatmo. It can be used in large houses.

I am also 90% satisfied with Netatmo, but that missing 10% sometimes bothers me a lot. It's such a waste that they made this mainly great product and then they dropped the project before the finish line and the last bits, the additional convenience features which would be the icing on the cake, the ones that have been requested by many members, are ignored. I have not seen any real innovation and improvement (except bug fixes) in the system since it came out. Well, except the open window detection, which only works in 30% of the cases as it should...
neen1967n

Post by neen1967n »

I looked into the Fibaro page.
It seems that there is no specific app for the heating. Or have I missed something?
568ml

Post by 568ml »

I know this topic is old, but I'd also like to add my +1 to this feature request for indefinite/unlimited manual setpoint duration.

I recently started to use HomeKit to schedule my heating, and one problem I'm facing is that temperature changes initialised through HomeKit will revert back to the Netatmo schedule after a maximum of 12 hours.
Pdrke

Post by Pdrke »

+1 , same here. I do not want to use the schudules because we have special working hours so schedules are not working for our home/work situation. When my wife turns on the heating in the morning at 7am we have to think about it to turn it on again at 7pm again because max is 12 hours.
Tado has this function so why can't netatmo do it.
Just have the thermostat for a few weeks but i am wondering if it wasn't better to buy a tado 🙄

Return to “Thermostat iOS/Android/Web Application”