Bring back indefinite setpoints!

Remarks, questions, tips and tricks regarding the Netatmo applications.
sdmaster

Bring back indefinite setpoints!

Post by sdmaster »

The last update is a total disaster. Please bring back indefinite temperature setpoints! In the app and on the website. After the update, maximum setpoint duration is 12h, and no way of changing it.
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: Bring back indefinite setpoints!

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hello,
Indefinite temperature setpoints never existed before...
Anyway thank you for your suggestion, it will be discussed.
In the meantime, you can set a new schedule or set the Away mode "until changed" with the setpoint you wish.
Have a nice day.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
sdmaster

Post by sdmaster »

Hello,

This is what I meant. The option "until changed" no longer exists. I can't find it neither in the app, nor when I login through web interface.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 19.39.20.png
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi,
Please find below two screenshots of the apps.
The "until changed" option is the default choice when the Away or Frost Guard mode are applied.
However it is not available for a Manual Boost and once again, it never existed.

Mobile app:
AWAY-FG modes Mobiles Apps.png
Web app:
AWAY-FG modes Web App.JPG
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
Un4Seen

Post by Un4Seen »

There should be 3 options for manual boost:
1. Time interval
2. Until changed
3. Until next automatic switch in schedule
snekpyco

Post by snekpyco »

I just bought and installed the thermostat and I'm quite disappointed about those setpoints. It would help me so much in my case to allow indefinite setpoints, i.e. when temperature is manually adjusted on the thermostat, it stays until changed.

Any chance to allow this, please? Thanks a lot!
neen1967n

Post by neen1967n »

+1
I also agree that we need the following 3 options:
1. Time interval
2. Until changed
3. Until next automatic switch in schedule

I am coming from Tado valves and they have these 3 options to set manual boost.
Un4Seen

Post by Un4Seen »

I'm curious why you switched from Tado to Netatmo. You can write me PM if you don't want to write it here. From what I've seen they are superior in a lot of aspect, especially in functionality, like this topic is about. But of course they are more expensive.
neen1967n

Post by neen1967n »

hi,
I am using the Tado system in a holiday home with independent heating, with smart valves in every room.

The main reasons I am evaluating the Netatmo are two:
1) temperature in Tado smart valve is not accurate. I get a difference of even 6-7 °C from the smart valve sensor and another thermometer in the room. Rooms are always cooler than the setpoint.

2) Tado app does not have the possibilty to define different schedule plans. Only one schedule (called AT HOME). The second schedule called AWAY cannot be triggered manually but only with georeferenced automatic trigger (quite useless). So I was looking for a way to define different schedule plans according to the usage of the holiday home. Example: a schedule when I go only with my wife, another schedule plan if I go with my sons too, etc.
Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Hi,
Please find below two screenshots of the apps.
The "until changed" option is the default choice when the Away or Frost Guard mode are applied.
However it is not available for a Manual Boost and once again, it never existed.
The need for the "indefinite setpoints" is, in my case, for the guest rooms: if I don't have guests, the guest rooms remain cold, but if I invite someone I need to heat the relevant guest room that will be occupied. So I cannot create schedule plans with all the possible combinations (me&Wife&noGuests, me&Wife&1Guest, me&Wife&2Guests, me&Wife&Sons&noGuests, me&Wife&Sons&1Guest, me&Wife&Sons&2Guests, OnlySons, OnlySons&1Guest, OnlySons&2Guests, etc).Also it will be weird to set the setpoint every 12 hours. So a manual set of the setpoint independent from the schedule plan is mandatory.
neen1967n

Post by neen1967n »

Another reason I am evaluating Netatmo is because Tado has started charging 30€ per year for the so called Auto Assist feature.
Auto Assit will automatically close your valves in case of a window is open!
And will switch the AT HOME mode or the AWAY mode according to geolocalization.
If you don't pay, they just send you a notification and you have to MANUALLY set the system.

So, looking at this behaviour, I prefer quit from a company that charges a recurring fee for a basic feature.
What will prevent them from charging next time for some new app features?

Return to “Thermostat iOS/Android/Web Application”