Second thermostat in the same house

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Thermostat Wifi connection.
alexxbi

Second thermostat in the same house

Post by alexxbi »

Hello,
I ask for your help.
When I run the wizard to connect the second thermostat on mynetatmo I create a second home and I can not move it in the first house, the one where is the first thermostat in use and fully functional.
Thank you
alexxbi

Re: Second thermostat in the same house

Post by alexxbi »

I solved it, you can do it only through the app. In windows it is not possiible. Incredible that it is not written anywhere, I have lost hours.
But the most incredible thing is, apparently, all the thermostats in the same house must have the same programming, with the only possibility of having differences in temperature. Practically the comfort temperature can respond to different temperatures for the thermostats, but the programming is the same for everyone. Basically the grottino and in the same night programming but with different temperatures.
If so, I made a wrong purchase.
graemesmith1960

Post by graemesmith1960 »

Thanks for that. Seems like it might do what I want so I'll go ahead and install a second one.
graemesmith1960

Post by graemesmith1960 »

I had an old non homekit thermostat so I installed that in parallel to try it out. Installs ok and you end up with 2 homes in the App. Unfortunately both homes are totally separate with no way to combine or sync them. You end up having to write all the heating schedules again for the second thermostat and every time you change anything in one you have to do it in the second one as well or its pointless. Even Away mode etc. has to be done separately for each thermostat. Its an even worse setup than having 'virtual' rooms to get round the ridiculous 10 room limit.

I've just about given up on Netatmo despite having supported them since their inception. I'm looking at Nest and Hive now to see if they have the same limitations.
Zepilef

Post by Zepilef »

Hi,

I have just installed two thermostats in the same house. Done via Android app.
You can also install it as a separate house: it is your choice.

If you have them in same house --> same schedule, you can make it more complex if you want to play around with temperatures
If you make up two separate houses --> can have totally independent schedules on the two floors

So, quite adaptable to all needs as I see it.

What would do the difference, to my opinion:
- having the possibility of a dedicated schedule for each single Valve
- allow to chose Eco or Comfort mode (triggering the boiler or just limiting heat) on each valve

rgds
ZepileF

Return to “Thermostat Network Set-up”