Thermostat and relay keep losing connection

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Thermostat Wifi connection.
MilesB

Thermostat and relay keep losing connection

Post by MilesB » 22 Jan 2018, 20:32

Hi,

My thermostat and relay have been working perfectly for 2 years, unfortunately a few days ago I noticed that the thermostat keeps losing connection to the relay every time it tries to switch the relay on or off and it displays the symbols showing that it cannot connect, after about 30 seconds the thermostat resets and tries to connect again, sometimes it connects after the reset and other times it cycles 3 or 4 times before being able to connect again. I have tried replacing the batteries in the thermostat, moving it right next to the relay and removing all of the devices and setting them up again but still have the same problem.

Any suggestions or do I need to look at replacing it with a different system?

Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: Thermostat and relay keep losing connection

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 23 Jan 2018, 10:11

Hi,
We can repair it. Please contact us through the form available in our Help Center: https://www.netatmo.com/helpcenter/
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

MilesB

Post by MilesB » 23 Jan 2018, 10:36

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Hi,
We can repair it. Please contact us through the form available in our Help Center

Is this a known problem?

MilesB

Post by MilesB » 23 Jan 2018, 18:51

After a bit more experimenting it only seems to have this problem when it tries to turn the relay on for the predicted heating mode, if I adjust the temperature manually with the thermostat or in the app it works correctly and doesn’t reset.

MilesB

Post by MilesB » 24 Jan 2018, 13:30

Further update, I have disabled heating prediction and everything works perfectly, the thermostat turns the relay on and off at the correct times without rebooting so it looks like a software issue to me....

MilesB

Post by MilesB » 30 Jan 2018, 13:36

I raised a support ticket with Netatmo 7 days ago and haven't heard anything from them. Fortunately I was able to persuade Amazon to give me a full refund even though the thermostat is over 2 years old :)

Return to “Thermostat Network Set-up”