No WiFi Signals detected

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Thermostat Wifi connection.
dr3mo

No WiFi Signals detected

Post by dr3mo »

Dear Community,

I've a problem with setting up my relay. I've properly installed the thermostat on the wall in my living room. The modem router ("Connect Box" by UPC - an Austrian provider, ivp6 native, changed by UPC to ipv4 protocol), the relay and the thermostat are all located in the same room. The relay and the modem rooter are about 50cm apart from each other.

I've installed the app on my Iphone (good WiFi signal on the device) and tried to establish the connection between my relay and the modem router. To no success - the app (or the relay for that matter) doesn't find any WiFi signals, even though my Phone says there are plenty around.

The relay is blinking white 5 times when plugged into the AC outlet, pauses for a few seconds and then blinks continiously. No whistle sounds. I've even tried different AC outlets.

I also cannot connect via bluetooth.

I connected the relay to my PC and followed Netatmo's InstallWizard. My PC recognizes the relay, but doesn't find ANY WiFi Signals as well.

Regarding my modem router settings:
Keep in mind that the Modem Router is ipv6 native but changed to ipv4 by my provider (I asked them to do so after Netatmo support told me that this could be the problem).

TCP 25050 is forwarded
no repeater or booster installed
5Ghz disabled, 2.4Ghz enabled
No restrictions, no MAC-Filtering
Allocated my relay a static IP with its Mac address.

Basically I completely followed the advanced network trouble shoot.

Any idea on how to get my relay to find ANY WiFi signal?

Thanks a lot guys!
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: No WiFi Signals detected

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi dr3mo,
I suggest that you try to reset the Relay and try again.
To reset:
1.Plug the Relay into a 230V socket using the mains adapter or boiler adapter. The LED should blink five times then go out.
2.Press and hold the Relay button for 20 seconds until the LED stops blinking then blinks quickly five times.
NB: For the first 15 seconds, the LED will blink slowly.
If it still does not find any Wi-Fi network, your Thermostat can be considered as defective.
Please ask for a replacement to your reseller in this case.
Have a nice day.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
hosdo

Re: No WiFi Signals detected

Post by hosdo »

Hello all,

not properly the same defect but something related to wifi. I have a netatmo setup from around 3 years now, I burnt the first relay almost immediatly but discovered it still could be used with the usb cable powering it from an USB charger so it worked for me until now. However I always had dramatic wifi issues, the relay kept going offline. Finally I found a new device on Amazon "as new" only unboxed, so I installed this to check if my "burnt" relay was at fault.

Seems like even this relay has trouble with my wifi.

Setup, as dr3mo has been double checked:

- SSID are all different between 5G, 2.4G and 2.4G repeater;
- Checked the channels for no overlap;
- Disabled the 5G wifi source

Still nothing, pinging the relay with "-t" option still shows a totally unreliably wifi connection; within minutes I have strong pinging with around 10 ms in response and suddendly >1000 ms and total drop of repsonse. Same time pinging of any other device shows no drop or fluctuation of ping times. The issue is the same exact I had with the previous "burnt" relay, so it's not an hadrware fault unless this relay is burned too; even distance doesn't make difference, the previous relay was less the 1 meter away from router and had the same issue.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Return to “Thermostat Network Set-up”