Thermostat cannot find relay

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Thermostat Wifi connection.
Mariener

Re: Thermostat cannot find relay

Post by Mariener »

Same issues here, over and over and over it keeps saying can't connect to relay.

Perhaps it's better if new errors messages would be assigned to different issues, as this is probably just an issue with the server from Netatmo. Wifi is going through the roof, so strong, no issues anywhere, yet the relay refuses to connect. All systems go on Netatmo's end, but im left with a thermostat that keeps bugging off.
Mark@BC

Post by Mark@BC »

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote: 22 Dec 2014, 14:10 Hello,
@pepsimen: please try the following workaround:
To pair the Thermostat to its relay, follow these steps:
- Remove the batteries of the Thermostat.
- Connect the relay to the computer with the USB cable, and then run the pairing software (link below depending on your system):
Mac OS: http://fw.netatmo.net/NetatmoThermostat ... _MacOS.dmg
Windows: http://fw.netatmo.net/NetatmoThermostat ... indows.exe
- Remove the Thermostat which is currently paired with the relay ("Remove" button).
- Pair again Thermostat: "Add" button, and then put the batteries in the Thermostat and place it next to the relay (the screen should flash, then disappear, then display the logo "Searching relay").
- The pairing is done. You can close the program.
- Reconnect the relay and the Thermostat.

@Prototype: I will force the update of your Thermostat.

Try this, it worked for me
1x Presence outdoor camera siren V3.18.0
2x Thermostat V76 + 10x Valves V100 + relais 236
1x weather station v202, outdoor module V53 and additional indoor module V53
vojta66

Post by vojta66 »

Mariener wrote: 02 Dec 2020, 13:42 Same issues here, over and over and over it keeps saying can't connect to relay.

Perhaps it's better if new errors messages would be assigned to different issues, as this is probably just an issue with the server from Netatmo. Wifi is going through the roof, so strong, no issues anywhere, yet the relay refuses to connect. All systems go on Netatmo's end, but im left with a thermostat that keeps bugging off.
I have the very same issue last two days. And it is not problem of my wifi, as it did work several years like a charm. These problems with Netatmo servers are getting annoying and honestly, it is very frustrating. Netatmo, Wake up and quickly, otherwise you are going to loose another client.
1Welcome(512), 9 tags (v58), 1Smart Smoke (v108),1Smart Siren (v209)
1 Weather Station(v181), Outdoor module (50),Rain Gauge(v12),Wind Gauge(v25),3 Indoor Modules (v51)
1Thermostat(v75+relay 2nd generation v222 + 5Valves (v85)
2Presence cameras(320)
Hatrick

Post by Hatrick »

I have the auto adapt system turned on. Will it show up after days, weeks of PID. Or maybe I need to have hysteresis function turned on to get PID?

Edit: I'm sorry, but I put a question in a wrong topic.
dannmcc

Post by dannmcc »

I am having the same problem, for about 2 months now. I cannot connect to the relay via the Energy app. It says: 'No devices found.' I cannot open the back of the relay to connect via USB cable, as the installer seems to have sealed it when he installed it.
ruby71

Post by ruby71 »

Good day. A month ago I bought a Netatmo thermostat and 4 heads. Everything worked until last week. The thermostat is regularly disconnected from the relay and is no longer connected. I have to pair every day, then the day will last. The radio signal has 3 dashes. I am enclosing the thermostat number j553388 and the relay number g684b38. Thanks for the help I don't know what to do with it anymore.
matend

Post by matend »

I have the same problem, but the pairing wizard programs are not available anymore on netatmos page.
Can somebody send me a working link for downloading? Thanks.
matend

Post by matend »

Update:
I figured out the new address of the pairing wizard in case anyone needs it:
https://n3twizard.blob.core.windows.net ... indows.exe
chris@deheer.org

Post by chris@deheer.org »

Hello,

Can you please help me?
I have still problems with pairing thermostat with the relay. I tried everything. It is connected by wire en about 1.5m distance. No electric devices and WiFi is ok (2,4hz)
Relais is connected by WiFi.
Tried the trick with program with connect and disconnect, won’t help. Do you have a suggestion?
With regards Chris

Relay serial : g1ab494
Thermostat serial: j1aa252

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote: 24 Nov 2017, 11:00
smglez wrote:Dear Netatmo Team

I have the same problem, the thermostat cannot find the relay. Sometime are able to pair but they just stay paired for a little time, and then it appears the exclamation mark on the thermostat.

Can you help me please?

The relay serial number: 70:ee:50:1b:c7:ee
The relay firmware: 150

The thermostat serial number: j1baf0c
The thermostat firmware: 36

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
The radio signal of the Thermostat seems to be very weak. Are the two modules placed close to each other? Are there electrical devices surrounding them or in the middle?
cannehal

Post by cannehal »

Hello,

Recently I bought relay with thermostat and have the same or similar issue.
Thermostat disconnects several times a day from relay (shows relay out of range). After removing battery and inserting again it shows "!" sign and after some time connects to relay again.
It happened also when thermostat was in the same room with relay. Right now it is in different room (about 5-6 meters from relay). It was 2 days ago in different room (2 meters from relay) and issue was the same.
Can you check my configuration?

Relay serial: g975fac
Thermostat serial: j977400

chris@deheer.org wrote: 13 Oct 2022, 22:23 Hello,

Can you please help me?
I have still problems with pairing thermostat with the relay. I tried everything. It is connected by wire en about 1.5m distance. No electric devices and WiFi is ok (2,4hz)
Relais is connected by WiFi.
Tried the trick with program with connect and disconnect, won’t help. Do you have a suggestion?
With regards Chris

Relay serial : g1ab494
Thermostat serial: j1aa252

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote: 24 Nov 2017, 11:00
smglez wrote:Dear Netatmo Team

I have the same problem, the thermostat cannot find the relay. Sometime are able to pair but they just stay paired for a little time, and then it appears the exclamation mark on the thermostat.

Can you help me please?

The relay serial number: 70:ee:50:1b:c7:ee
The relay firmware: 150

The thermostat serial number: j1baf0c
The thermostat firmware: 36

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
The radio signal of the Thermostat seems to be very weak. Are the two modules placed close to each other? Are there electrical devices surrounding them or in the middle?

Return to “Thermostat Network Set-up”