Thermostat cannot find relay

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Thermostat Wifi connection.
simon3schmitz

Thermostat cannot find relay

Post by simon3schmitz »

Hello there, I received my new thermostat, and I followed the instructions correctly I think (replacing a wall-mounted Eberle thermostat), but no connection between the thermostat and the relay. Installed new firmware on the relay via USB, got it recognized in the web app etc., tried taking out the batteries from the thermostat for more than a minute, nothing works, I keep getting the two icons about searching for the relay.

I read in one of the French posts that this problem has been resolved for some only by replacing the thermostat with a new one. Please advise whether there is another solution or otherwise please advise how/where I can request a replacement thermostat. Thanks!
mauroverrocchio

Re: Thermostat cannot find relay

Post by mauroverrocchio »

Hello!
I've been experiencing the same error: yesterday I received the thermostat and set it up connecting the relay directly to the boiler, following the "Installing your first thermostat" guide.
Everything went fine: the relay is active, connects to the internet, power on and off the boiler, but no connection to the thermostat so far.
Tried as well taking out the batteries and put the thermostat and the relay very close but after a while the thermostat goes on with the "!" mark on top meaning that it can connect to the relay.
The relay firmware version is 35 (as shown by the webapp).

Is there anything I can do to make it work or I must replace the thermostat?

Thanks!
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

@mauroverrocchio: Hello,
I will force an update of your Thermostat remotely, which will solve this communication issue.
Just be sure to properly power on the 2 modules, relay on an outlet or on its boiler adapter, put the batteries in the thermostat, and let the 2 modules close to each other. Connect the relay to your Wi-Fi network.
Once the relay has been updated, the Thermostat wil find it, and the relay will automatically update the Thermostat in the next 6 hours.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
mauroverrocchio

Thank you Brieuc!
I'm at work right now, but if I recall correctly I left everything on at home and thermostat and relay are close to each other :)

Thanks again for the quick reply!
mauroverrocchio

Just checked and everything works fine!

Thanks so much!

Have a nice day :)
thot

Post by thot »

Hello *,
two days ago I connected the netatmo thermostat. despite several attempts , no connection between the thermostat and the relay is possible! Thermostat and relay are located next to each other.
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hello thot,
Please connect your Thermostat and its relay to your Wi-Fi network, and let them powered on, I will fix this issue.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
Clelio

Post by Clelio »

Hi Brieuc, I have the same problem of connection between the Thermostat and Rele.
Same as the others.

I already performed the de-association and re-association of the thermo through the sw as you described in another forum, but nothing.

Thermo and Rele are properly connected, so available to be updated via OTA.

Please could you update mine as well?

Thanks
Clelio
Last edited by Clelio on 14 Nov 2014, 13:15, edited 2 times in total.
thot

Post by thot »

As soon as I am at home ( about 17.00 clock ) I create the Internet connection . Thanks in advance.
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hello Clelio,
I've just forced the update on your Thermostat.
Thank you for your patience.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

Return to “Thermostat Network Set-up”