Thermostat cannot find relay

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Thermostat Wifi connection.
eleunam38

Re: Thermostat cannot find relay

Post by eleunam38 »

Hi,

I've experienced a drop of connection between rele and server four times since the last month.
Can you have a check please? Everything is fine if I press directly the thermostat, the issue is only with the WiFi connection.

-------
My data:
Serial Number: j07732a
Firmware: 36
MAC address: 70:ee:50:07:71:e6

Best regards/Cordialement

Manuele Carlini
dylanxdog

Post by dylanxdog »

hi,

i'm facing the same problem. the relais and the thermostat can't work together.

my relais firmware version is 48 and termostato 35.

Now they are on and very close.

thank you.
Nicola
nelly0168

Post by nelly0168 »

eleunam38 wrote:Hi,

I've experienced a drop of connection between rele and server four times since the last month.
Can you have a check please? Everything is fine if I press directly the thermostat, the issue is only with the WiFi connection.

-------
My data:
Serial Number: j07732a
Firmware: 36
MAC address: 70:ee:50:07:71:e6

Best regards/Cordialement

Manuele Carlini
I am having the exact same issue - this is ridiculous, it is (very clearly) a software issue at the Netatmo end. You simply cant keep telling people to put it on a static IP or other such nonsense.

I am on the point of taking this back to John Lewis and demanding my money back.

What is the point of this thermostat if I can only operate it from my house????

And what is the point of a company selling equipment with zero customer support?

Useless
upnorth55

Post by upnorth55 »

Understand your frustration - I was away over New Year and due to a router update I lost not only netatmo but my belkin stuff too. It was all on autopilot so not too much problem but annoying not knowing what was going on.
I had lots of setup problems, bluetooth connection drops between relay and stat, server problems too.
(I really screwed things up recently by replacing batteries - had to set EVERYTHING up again!)

I know this will be a daft point but I take it you have set your router to port forward 25050 and set your protocol to TCP and UDP i.e both.?

BTW I'm only trying to help and not an employee or anything.
nelly0168

Post by nelly0168 »

Hi upnorth55 - thanks, no I have not messed around with the router.

When I did the original netatmo setup, I did a lot of that and messed my Belkin N+ router (used as an access point) so much it had to be binned and I bought a new Powerline extender - which did the trick.

I dont see why every other product I have works out the box, but for this I should mess about with port forwarding etc on routers which (in my experience) just screws them up.

When I buy a wifi product, I expect it to conform to "real world" situations and not for they buying public to have to know their way round router settings etc - i.e. for me, the big question for Netatmo is "could my mother use it easily and simply".

Presently the answer is No.

Back to my issue - after numerous power cycles and re-setting up of the relay, we are back in business - for how long, who knows?????
Gwen

Post by Gwen »

I could not get my thermostat to show up in the web interface (relay was already connected to thermostat ok, and could control "locally", but no web interface stats and no app usage possible > lots of errors about wrong password, and errors that relay not connected to thermostat, but all errors misleading/ false).
Eventually after many hours >> managed to download file from somewhere on the site (who knows where or how) <NetatmoThermostatWizard_Windows.exe>, installed on my laptop, connected via USB cable to relay (remove it from the wall, the USB port is hidden at the back), and then use the wizard.Laptop downloaded the thermostat drivers and then we were on our way. Badabing, it worked.
I do wish the website or app would have some decent FAQs and also correct error messages!
iditelliano

Post by iditelliano »

Judging by the number of posts in this topic i see that this is a serious issue with the Netamo Thermostat and Relay.
I had mine installed a couple of months ago and all worked fine. Until we had to turn off the mains power due to EdF having to replace my electricity meter.
Now I cannot get the boiler to go on, and it's very cold today. The thermostat seems fine but the relay is not connecting. I go through set-up (several times now) and all seems fine until the last step when it tells me "your netamo relay is disconnected from our servers".
Despite trying endlessly, I cannot get the relay to send through the "switch on the damn heating" signal to the boiler.
This is about as frustrating as an electronic item can be - it appears just flaky and totally unreliable.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I am not willing nor capable of reconfiguring the wifi protocols or MAC addresses whatever they are.
I feel like ripping the thing off the wall and going back to what I had before - the installer did in fact recommend that I keep my previous Honeywell controllers which we replaced.....he must have known about the shocking quality of these Netamo units...advice which sadly I did not heed, however.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, it's cold and we have small kids and the wife is also moaning.
cmugur

Post by cmugur »

iditelliano wrote:Judging by the number of posts in this topic i see that this is a serious issue with the Netamo Thermostat and Relay.
I had mine installed a couple of months ago and all worked fine. Until we had to turn off the mains power due to EdF having to replace my electricity meter.
Now I cannot get the boiler to go on, and it's very cold today. The thermostat seems fine but the relay is not connecting. I go through set-up (several times now) and all seems fine until the last step when it tells me "your netamo relay is disconnected from our servers".
Despite trying endlessly, I cannot get the relay to send through the "switch on the damn heating" signal to the boiler.
This is about as frustrating as an electronic item can be - it appears just flaky and totally unreliable.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I am not willing nor capable of reconfiguring the wifi protocols or MAC addresses whatever they are.
I feel like ripping the thing off the wall and going back to what I had before - the installer did in fact recommend that I keep my previous Honeywell controllers which we replaced.....he must have known about the shocking quality of these Netamo units...advice which sadly I did not heed, however.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, it's cold and we have small kids and the wife is also moaning.
It is not mandatory for the relay to be connected to the Internet, it should work by manual orders from the thermostat. Is your relay powered up - pressing the relay button triggers the led and a response from the boiler? If not, problem.
Next: Is your thermostat connected to the relay (locally by radio)? If not, problem. If all this ok, then you should be able to locally control your boiler (no schedule, no PID, but at least heat).

I assumed the relay is connected directly to the boiler.
storm1

Post by storm1 »

Hello Everybody,
I have the same problem of the Others, I've tryed to connect relais and thermostat, but after running the program for cleaning and reconnecting relais & thermo "NetatmoThermostat_PairingWizard_Windows", as soon as I deteach relais from PC and connect it to wall plug, relais blinks blue and thermo don't find the relais...
Please help.
Thanks so much.

Thermo serial: j0411f6
Relais serial: g040c08
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hello storm1,
Please connect the relay to your Wi-Fi network following the standard process, and ensure that the relay is properly connected.
Place the Thermostat next to it (~1m) with batteries in, and it should start to work.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

Return to “Thermostat Network Set-up”