Thermostat cannot find relay

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Thermostat Wifi connection.
mgugnali

Re: Thermostat cannot find relay

Post by mgugnali » 27 Nov 2015, 10:19

I forgot to write that if I set desired temperature to "MAX", boiler starts.

Thanx

tonis

Post by tonis » 27 Nov 2015, 22:19

My thermostat (S/N j07d7d8) is over and over loosing the connection to the relay.
The relay is directly connected to the boiler. On the webpage the thermostat is showing strong signal for wifi and the relay strong radio signal.
I've placed the thermostat 1 meter away from the relay.
I've went through the reconnection procedure mentioned above in this thread.
Still. The thermostat is loosing the connection over and over. Also the blue light is blinking on the relay sometimes (I didn't find any description for the reason).
Thanks for your assistance!
Cheers,Tom

Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 28 Nov 2015, 17:30

Hello tonis,
It looks like the relay of your Thermostat has power supply issue.
Please check the connection of the brown and blue wires, and also check the connection between the relay and it boiler adapter.
Try to move the relay on its adapter to see if the LED blinks again (it would mean that the relay has rebooted after a connection loss of the power supply).
If the problem persists, please contact us at support (support.netatmo.com).
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

tonis

Post by tonis » 28 Nov 2015, 18:42

Dear Brieuc,
thank's for your advice.
It turned out, that the power supply was interrupted by the boiler every time it went on. Because I used the power connection from the boiler.
Now it's fixed!
Thx once again.
Have a good day!
Cheers,Tom

swisstim

Post by swisstim » 29 Nov 2015, 10:31

@Brieuc_Netatmo I have this exact same problem. Worked fine when engineer was here to do initial setup, all devices (android / iOS) unable to find relay ever since, and heating is locked into patterns that do not suit when I am in the house. Can you assist?

Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 30 Nov 2015, 11:12

Hello,
@swisstim: you may have Wi-Fi connection issue, or power supply issue. Please check if the LED of the relay is blinking when you connect the relay on the 230V. If it's OK, open port 25050 (TCP/UDP) on your router, and set a static IP for the relay with it MAC address.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

jamesmila

Post by jamesmila » 09 Dec 2015, 18:21

Hi. I'm also having some problems. In the app it appears syncing. I have installed the thermo yesterday. If I press the thermo, the boiler starts to work just fine, but I can't manage it from the app or the internet. I bought the new version with the white light.
Thermostat
Serial number j09c41c
Firmware 35
No radio signal

Relay
With wifi signal
Firmware 56

Thanks in advance.

sampitzalis

Post by sampitzalis » 15 Dec 2015, 17:32

same problem with me

relais connected to heater
wifi level okay
however: cannot connect to server

technical guy has a problem connecting it also, its his first experience with it and will try to keep hope,so as to be willing to recommend it

already spent 3 hours on it
thermostat works though

Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 15 Dec 2015, 17:54

Hello,
@sampitzalis: no Thermostat seems to be paired to your relay. please follow this process to pair it again:
- Remove the batteries of the Thermostat.
- Run the pairing software (link below depending on your system):
Mac OS: http://fw.netatmo.net/NetatmoThermostat ... _MacOS.dmg
Windows: http://fw.netatmo.net/NetatmoThermostat ... indows.exe
Linux 64 bits : https://fw.netatmo.net/NetatmoThermosta ... nux_x86_64
Linux 32 bits : https://fw.netatmo.net/NetatmoThermosta ... Linux_i686
- Click on Next, and connect the relay to the computer with the USB cable when it is asked. The relay is automatically detected.
- Remove the Thermostat which is currently paired with the relay ("Remove" button).
- Pair again Thermostat: "Add" button, and then put the batteries in the Thermostat and place it next to the relay (the screen should flash, then disappear, then display the logo "Searching relay").
- The pairing is done. You can close the program.
- Reconnect the relay and the Thermostat.

@jamesmila: I've just answered to your ticket at support. Please keep us updated if it works.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

fletch1972

Post by fletch1972 » 21 Dec 2015, 10:57

Hello,

Wondering if you can help me out as well. I have the same issue with my relay disconnecting with my Wifi - only had it 2 weeks and it has dropped out twice already.

I dont even have good instructions as to how to reconnect it - the button underneath to reconnect doesnt appear to work all times. The engineer did this for me last time he came back and resolved without showing me.

Any help gratefully received.

Thermostat
Serial No. j0a9de8
Firmware 35

Relay
Firmware 56

Kind regards,
Richard

Return to “Thermostat Network Set-up”