Netatmo Relay keeps disconnecting from servers

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Thermostat Wifi connection.
rnucci

Re: Netatmo Relay keeps disconnecting from servers

Post by rnucci »

i had problems with custom DNS set on the router.
Resetting the router to default solved my issues
give it a try if you're in this situation
VitaliS

Post by VitaliS »

I already did the reset. No changes.
I think I have a problem between relay and thermostat primarily and then relay with AP. My thermostat is losing connection with relay every 10-20 minutes for a period of time and then connects back. My guess is that there is a hardware error. I will try to put them close 30-40 cm to see the behavior.
VitaliS

Post by VitaliS »

Unfortunately, nothing changed.
Last edited by VitaliS on 11 Oct 2017, 07:56, edited 1 time in total.
VitaliS

Post by VitaliS »

After updating of firmware in the relay (FW V155) it seems that it is working OK (in wire mode).
raloc

Post by raloc »

Hi,
I've had my Netatmo relay steadily working for a year. Now it (firmware v.150) connects very intermittently to my WiFi network and almost always shows as offline on my app. Relay and Access point are in same room in near line of sight. I've reconfigured my relay WiFi multiple times both via app and via USB, and tried with two different access points and home routers from different brands. No way of getting it working.

I've captured traffic between my relay and my router and it is and my relay is doing something weird with DHCP! This capture was done while reconfiguring my relay via USB. Some addresses are obscured in my pics.

The relay correctly authenticates to my WiFi network.
Soon after a DHCP request to my router and before getting a DHCP offer, my relay starts checking wether somebody is using 192.168.1.23. As nobody replies, it immediately connects to netcomv2.netatmo.net for a short time using 192.168.1.23 as source IP.
Afterwards, it sends a DHCP release for this 192.168.1.23 and then it receives a DHCP offer from my router for 192.168.1.108. This offer is ignored by my relay, and the relay sends out a new DHCP discover to my router.
Larger at https://ibb.co/c7DwT6

What described before happens a second time, and my relay still refuses 192.168.1.108 from my DHCP before becoming unresponsive.
Larger at: https://ibb.co/nuPQMR
I fired an email to support, but no answer. I also couldn't find any way of setting up a static IP configuration or a way to upgrade to firmware 155, hoping that this would solve something.
Netatmo, any way to solve this?
karetsos

Post by karetsos »

i have just installed my thermostat 2 days ago, since then it connects to the relay for an hour or so and then nothing.

i reset the thermostat and it reconnects and then after some minutes it looses connection again..

the devices are close and i hvae tried with new batteries...
nicka

Post by nicka »

following several months without issue, this has now started occurring for me also - app/website wont connect with message "relay is not reachable"

There is no change in my wifi setup nor anything been moved or added in the network or home environment. Wifi and Internet connection is otherwise fine for all other devices. Problem just started a couple of weeks ago. Thankfully its summer so no heating yet required but I like to keep an eye on the temperature graphs.

Restarting the relay will fix it for a while. I have done the wifi setup again which also works for a while then the same error comes back.

Has anyone actually found a definitive fix for this ? The number of users reporting similar problems and total lack of any solution is very concerning !

thanks,
nick
marker

Post by marker »

Has something changed in the last 2-3 days? I am having a lot of errors that the relay cannot be reached.
It glitches and after few attempt connect again. Tried to re-do the wifi set up and reboot the router but hasn't sort the issue

thanks

Marco

Return to “Thermostat Network Set-up”