Netatmo Relay keeps disconnecting from servers

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Thermostat Wifi connection.
SaschaR

Re: Netatmo Relay keeps disconnecting from servers

Post by SaschaR »

I had the FW upgrade pushed to my relais a few days ago by support and re-enabled HomeKit afterwards.
Seems pretty stable so far, I haven't seen any disconnects yet.

If your relais does not upgrade itself automatically, you can first try to restart the relais (aka removing power). If that doesn't help, you can contact support with your relais serial number (not the thermostat serial) to have them manually push it to your relais.
mattgallon

Post by mattgallon »

Firmware upgrade completed a while ago and Homekit disabled and it's been fine. However the relay has disconnected this morning, so perhaps the upgrade isn't the magic bullet we were hoping for :(
alvaro.egea

Post by alvaro.egea »

Hi all,

I have the same problemas related above, and today I have installed Firmware 68 but I am facing the same problems.
alvaro.egea

Post by alvaro.egea »

Ok, I can confirm thaf firmware 68 solved my problem. Everything is ok now.
nickfielibert

Post by nickfielibert »

Hi All, unfortunately, after a general power outage, the relays are again not visible to the Netatmo servers. In can see them being connected to my homerouter from the router setting webpage provided by my service provider, but still don´t manage to contact them (have 2 relays and thermostats). This means the relays are well paired with their respective AP´s (the relays are visible on my homenetwork).
Unfortunately I´m on a business trip so can´t power cycle the relays. I´m really starting to loose my patience with these blasted relays. There are zero reasons for the relay not to connect to the server after a power outage. Only bad design or an improper use of a protocol will create this problem.

Another problem I can see coming is when Netatmo would stop their services (iow: go belly-up), you all can throw away your investment because you won´t be able to remotely set the thermostat. You´ll only be able to use it in manual mode and of course the last schedule you´ve put in will keep on going. Given the unreliable nature of these products I don´t think this company will last.
Corrado

Post by Corrado »

Hi all.
I had first version of the thermostat that never had disconnections.
(the first version is the version Netatmo said "will be HomeKit compatible" and was not... returned to Amazon to buy the new hardware version).

My Netatmo weather station works well...

In the same house, same router, same settings, now my new thermostat (HomeKit compatible) disconnects from the servers!

It's more than 1 year that I want a HomeKit compatible thermostat.

The first was a fake, the second disconnects from the server if you enable HomeKit.

Netatmo are you kidding me?

Corrado

Relay firmware 68, thermostat firmware 40
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi Corrado,
Could you please let us know the serial number of your Thermostat?
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
Lezz

Post by Lezz »

Just remotely updated my router settings to channel 11. Right after the router rebooted the app showed the thermostat status and homekit (home app) showed the correct temperature.

Will see how long this will keep working. The disconnects have been happening a lot lately. Will keep updating with new findings...
Lezz

Post by Lezz »

Still loosing connection on channel 11 with HomeKit turned on. V40 v68
Lezz

Post by Lezz »

Can still ask Siri what the temperature is. Wifi and remote Siri still work but the app says it lost connection to relay

Return to “Thermostat Network Set-up”