Multiple Relays and Thermostats in one Building

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Thermostat Wifi connection.
Dirlan

Multiple Relays and Thermostats in one Building

Post by Dirlan »

dear sirs,

as it-consultant i sometimes do get questions about netatmo products and especially about the thermostat because customers do see that in my office. i do use the weather station AND thermostat in my home and in my office. but the size of boths appartments is that small that one wlan relay and one thermostat is enough.

so customers often do need more than one wlan-relay and more thermostats in one building because they have one thermostat in every room (all ordinary thermostats are connected via 2 cable). so in all cases i am able to install the thermostat like example 3 youtube.com/watch?v=ry_eMSiZYRg

but is it possible to have one, two or three wlan relays (because of the building size) together with three or more thermostats? and is it possible to have one wlan-relay and two thermostats? and if yes, on what i have to take care? and if yes, why it is not possible to buy wlan-relays and thermostats separately?

an correct answer would be great because then i know what to recommend to my customers to buy. many thanks!
regards, marty
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: Multiple Relays and Thermostats in one Building

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi Dirlan,

You can perfectly have multiple Thermostats in the same place to control different heating zones, as long as your installation is compatible. You must have one complete Thermostat (Thermostat + relay) for each zone. Each Thermostat is paired to one relay in factory, so you can’t have one relay for multiple Thermostats, or one Thermostat for multiple relays.
There won’t be any interference between the different Thermostats, because each module is identified by its own unique MAC address.
You will then be able to control them from the same application, as long as they’re registered on the same Netatmo account.

You simply need to ensure that your installation includes elements controllable by thermostats like ours, that is to say, a multi-zone boiler, or thermal actuators, circulating pumps or regulators, placed at the beginning of each heating zone, and that respect the specifications of our product :

Dry contact room thermostat, potential free (on/off):
Switching current: max 4 (1) A
Switching voltage: max 250 VAC
Switching power: max 120 W
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
Dirlan

Post by Dirlan »

hi Brieuc,
fine :-) and that will all work with ONE netatmo account? i can manage all 4 thermostats with one account?
but where is the sence of having a relay for each thermostat? in all of our situations never the relay is connected to the heat system but always the thermostat is replacing a wall mound "old school" thermostat.
it would be really great if netatmo would work on a solution to allow(let's say) maximum 5 thermostats connect to one relay. that would save money and nonsense waist of material and power plugs.
by the way so if i am then right: if the thermostat is damaged or the relay i can always through theme both in the trash?

to the smartphone app: i have the thermostat at home and in my office in use plus a weather station at each place too. i do miss a direkt button to switch off the thermostat instead of pressing minus till off shows up. why not having a toggle under frost guardian?

thx
marty
InExtremo

Post by InExtremo »

Dirlan wrote: but where is the sence of having a relay for each thermostat? in all of our situations never the relay is connected to the heat system but always the thermostat is replacing a wall mound "old school" thermostat.
it would be really great if netatmo would work on a solution to allow(let's say) maximum 5 thermostats connect to one relay. that would save money and nonsense waist of material and power plugs.
THIS
I have it the same.
Wall mounded termostat with no connection to the heater.
The thermostat only regulate valves in the heating circuit manifold

yesterday I installed the second thermostat in my house.
now I have one in the bedroom and one in the living room. both with their own relais.
if I want to replace all of my thermostates in the house I would have 10 relais in total.

I wonder why I can add rooms in the web interface when there is noch chance to add a additional thermostat to my setup
Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG (13.27 KiB) Viewed 2929 times
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi,
You can set up to 10 rooms in a single Home.
Each room can have one Thermostat max, so you can have up to 10 Thermostats in a single Home.
Just note that a Relay is required for each Thermostat.
I hope it helps!
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
InExtremo

Post by InExtremo »

How can I add my second thermostat to the room "Wohnzimmer"?
Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG (18.03 KiB) Viewed 2910 times
InExtremo

Post by InExtremo »

Ok. got it. It has to be done via the app on my phone.
The windows app can´t do it.

but its useless since I´m not able to make different plans within one house.
so i have to split the 2 termostates into two "houses".
alexxbi

Post by alexxbi »

InExtremo wrote: but its useless since I´m not able to make different plans within one house.
so i have to split the 2 termostates into two "houses".
really? Is this still today?
I can not believe!

Return to “Thermostat Network Set-up”