Need to remove faulty Thermo in Software to install new

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Thermostat Wifi connection.
JOhn5528

Need to remove faulty Thermo in Software to install new

Post by JOhn5528 »

Hi,

So I have had to return a faulty Thermostat with the relay - I have a new one arrive today, however it seems that my online settings have remembered the old Thermostat and have configured my new relay to look for that -and for that alone! I can't make it find the new one (I'm not sure it's even looking for the new one!) and I can't find a way to make it forget the old one. I need help please - how do I make it recognise the new Thermostat!

I got this over a week ago, and I still don't have a working solution and I'm on my second set of hardware. :cry:
JOhn5528

Re: Need to remove faulty Thermo in Software to install new

Post by JOhn5528 »

So - I removed me email account from the Thermo and started again. Frustratingly, it added the OLD thermostat serial number (j1add20) and still refuses to make a connection with the new one (j0ae962).

Please help!
JOhn5528

Post by JOhn5528 »

All resolved thanks to Brieuc.

This worked perfectly, and I am now up and running. :D
WWWombat

Post by WWWombat »

I bought a thermostat + relay from Amazon, but as one of their refurbished units.

When I created my Netatmo account, the relay was obviously paired previously with a different thermostat ... while the "new" thermostat failed to connect to the relay. It seemed obvious that pairing or re-synchronisation was the problem ... but finding advice about what to do to solve the problem.

I emailed support, but haven't had an answer yet, but eventually found this forum independently. Brieuc's solution above was the answer to my problem.

Its a shame that the "robots.txt" files doesn't let Google include these posts in its search results.
daskino

Post by daskino »

I tried the solution but i still can not get the really to talk to the thermostat. i have emailed support.
mb2

Post by mb2 »

JOhn5528 wrote:All resolved thanks to Brieuc.

This worked perfectly, and I am now up and running. :D
Thanks for this - my thermostat "locked up" last night could not connect to the relay, did not respond to manual input, resetting the relay did nothing too. I thought I would be buying a new thermostat today and then saw this - removing and re-pairing via the USB cable resolved it.
Giff

Post by Giff »

I can't see this solution from Brieuc. My thermostat is frozen and changing the batteries does not help.

Return to “Thermostat Network Set-up”