Indoor Camera and Doorbell both sound crackly and noisy

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
djbullard87

Indoor Camera and Doorbell both sound crackly and noisy

Post by djbullard87 »

Hello.
I’ve recently started buying Netatmo due to its HomeKit abilities. My thermostat works great so I bought a smart doorbell and a indoor camera. However both of them have a noise when streaming and recording, on either the Apple home app or the netatmo app of like a small generator running. If I listen to the actual products I can hear the noise but it’s so loud on the mic it drowns out other noise. The indoor camera especially is loud and I can hear static pops, I have actually replaced this one with Amazon and the one I got back was the same.
I’m concerned that this is how they are as the noise is loud, however upon receiving my second indoor cam I tried it without updating first and it was no where near as noisy. So is this an error in the latest update that’s causing this?
They are replacing ring cameras and I never had this amount of noise on them when viewing or recording. I’ve reached out to Netatmo a few days ago and I’ve heard nothing.
I thought maybe both were faulty but upon getting the new one and updating it it seems that’s how they are. Is anyone else having this issue with the mic picking up the actual camera/doorbell and it creating the loud noise?
Many thanks.

Return to “General questions”