Homekit integration still coming?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Venom466

Re: Homekit integration still coming?

Post by Venom466 »

Any news?

I bought this camera due to the promise of the compatibility with home kit and the siren
https://www.netatmo.com/it-IT/product/s ... come/siren
but it seems that both projects was abandoned. :cry: :evil:
jaspers

Post by jaspers »

This is an e-mail I received after contacting support. So it seems it is still coming:
There is no concrete information about the release data for HomeKit compatibility yet.
We totally understand that it got announced then got delayed causing a lot of frustration. Please be assured that we are doing our maximum to release it as soon as possible.
It mostly get delayed as every time we need to ask Apple to validate something, it takes a lot of time. As we can not wait for them to validate something, we keep developing using the not yet validated code and, when something gets refused by Apple for any reason, we loose a lot of time as you can imagine.

However, every camera is compatible with HomeKit as they are all equipped with the required hardware.
As soon as it will be ready, you will get a popup in your application.
Giuliano150

Post by Giuliano150 »

Still coming?? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
giosan / ギオさん
pshlos

Post by pshlos »

AHAHAHAHAHA "VERY SOON"
Apple Homekit
Just say: “Siri, show me the indoor camera”

The Smart Indoor Camera will be compatible with Apple HomeKit very soon.
tcs

Post by tcs »

"VERY SOON"
:oops:
@Netatmo: :evil:
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi all,
Please be assured we do our best to develop HomeKit compatibility as fast as we can.
So yes, it will be available soon :-) sorry for not being able to announce a precise date...
Thanks again for your patience.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
wallyc

Post by wallyc »

Guys,

it has become very clear that Netatmo is struggling with HomeKit compatibility, for Welcome AND Presence cameras.

On my Presence camera, I do not get a stable and reliable HomeKit compatibility with firmware version 135. I use a Mikrotik router (one of the most advanced routers on the market) and I get intermittent problems, sometimes the Home.app not seeing the Netatmo camera whereas all my other HomeKit devices work perfectly.

Remote access (while outside my home - using an Apple TV 4 and iPad as a HomeKit concentrator) is just erratic : Presence does not display streaming live. Movement and Light control are working on and off.....

A support ticket has proven useless.

I am referring now to Apple HomeKit compatibility department because this is becoming absolutely unacceptable. Netatmo brags about HomeKit, and it just does not work correctly.
cjr

Post by cjr »

It is interesting to know that the support in the Presence is problematic, as that helps to explain why it hasn't rolled out to the Welcomes yet.
wallyc

Post by wallyc »

Of course, and I can promise you I have tried all sorts of config on my router, and tried to explain it with their support... They say they will investigate Mikrotik router compatibility with their product. But on my Mikrotik router, I use HomeKit with Koogeek plugs, Hue lights, Elgato Eve plugs and sprinkler, Logitech Circle 2 camera.... they ALL work perfectly, even in remote access.

My Netatmo presence does NOT !
ChmGolf

Post by ChmGolf »

I run two Presence cameras and never had any trouble with them regarding Homekit. Remote access works just fine.

Return to “General questions”