Homekit integration still coming?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
pshlos

Re: Homekit integration still coming?

Post by pshlos »

Do you work for Mikrotik?
"I use a Mikrotik router (one of the most advanced routers on the market)."
"Mikrotik is a company that sells top of the range routers and wifi access points."
"Mikrotik for instance, which is one of the best router/Wifi Access points manufacturers."
Dude I've never heard of this company before. Make a dedicated thread about your superior router brand and stop spamming the homekit section.
All we care about here is when its coming out.
wallyc

Post by wallyc »

i am not. I am using this Mikrotik range for years and I am extremely happy, and i am not spamming as it is a homekit issue. i sit on your advice.
cjr

Post by cjr »

I've heard of them and they're supposedly good routers. I'm sure Netatmo can buy one and discover why it doesn't work correctly with the Welcome/Presence.
wallyc

Post by wallyc »

I fully agree, and I have advised them to do so, i even proposed them to give a remote access to my router .... they said they would escalate the issue..... never heard from them.
Last edited by wallyc on 18 Sep 2018, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
tcs

Welcome Homekit 2025???

Post by tcs »

iOS12 is online and again nothing.
SHentschke

Post by SHentschke »

Slowly it gets really ridiculous. I think it's a big customer-fake. It is not a fair deal with its customers to postpone purchase-critical updates again and again without stating reasons.
If you were at least transparent to the customer and provided the reasons for the shifts.
Very sad...
jaspers

Post by jaspers »

@SHentschke indeed. same goed for the tags. I'm waiting since september last year for the support.
tcs

Post by tcs »

SHentschke wrote:Slowly it gets really ridiculous. I think it's a big customer-fake. It is not a fair deal with its customers to postpone purchase-critical updates again and again without stating reasons.
If you were at least transparent to the customer and provided the reasons for the shifts.
Very sad...
agree :!:
wallyc

Post by wallyc »

Even if you have been waiting for a year, don't expect too much as Homekit support for Presence is NOT stable, so i doubt it will be for Welcome
gnaegi

Post by gnaegi »

Since Netatmo is not willing to provide the mission critical geo-fence feature I implemented it myself. Well, this is for a Presence camera actually, the welcome has some kind of half-geo-fence. Presence has nothing at all.

My setup:

- Raspberry with a simple noobs installation (see Raspberry homepage)
- Installed homebridge (see GitHub)
- Installed Apache webserver and php module
- Copied the NetatmoCameraAPI or splNetatmoAPI depending on your needs (see GitHub)
- Created little page that uses the API to do whatever I want it do to. Depending on the script you need a Netatmo API key, but that is really simple to get)
- Installed homebridge-http-webhooks and configured the switches I want to trigger the little page I created previously
- In the homekit app I then created some rules to trigger the switches when the first person arrives and the other switch when the last person leaves

It works absolutely flawless. It was a bit a pain to implement, but now I'm totally happy. Nevertheless it is a shame that Netatmo has such poor WebKit support and denies the necessity of a geo fence for Presence. I don't understand it, it is a basic feature for home-automated security. If I have to enable/disable the stuff manually - well does not sound very 2018/automatic to me.

With the netatmo app update from yesterday they even managed to move the handy notifications settings to some hidden place - aaarghhh...

Return to “General questions”