Unable to connect Welcome - iOS app asking for HomeKit Code

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
mipo

Unable to connect Welcome - iOS app asking for HomeKit Code

Post by mipo » 09 Apr 2019, 10:30

My Welcome camera was Disconnecting - Connecting several times a day so I have decided to reset it set it as new from scretch using iOS Security app. After removing camera and attempt to set it as a new, the app is asking for some HomeKit Setup Code which I do not have and do not know where to find it. As I am not connected to the local wifi, I can§t say the firmware. App gets connected to the camera but when I go the next step, code request appear on the screen = either to scan it or write it. Can anybody help?

jofre_netatmo

Re: Unable to connect Welcome - iOS app asking for HomeKit Code

Post by jofre_netatmo » 09 Apr 2019, 10:37

You can reset your Indoor Camera by turning it upside down so that the LED starts blinking in green color. Remove the micro SD card and wait for the LED to blink in red color. Then, reinsert the micro SD card. The LED will make five fast blinks in red. Leave it powered until the LED turns green (it can take up to 2 minutes).
Jofre - Netatmo Team

mipo

Post by mipo » 09 Apr 2019, 10:48

Thanks Jofre. Will definitely try your recomendation which I also found on other topic. The fact is, that my camera is visible after I do the turning upside down,
but when I try to add it to the list, I get carry away to the Home Kit app. I always end up on the page where it asks for the code. There is simply no other way ariound it other then code or cancel adding the camera to the network. I also asked for Beta test program but I am not sure if it will make my situation any better. Thank you.

Buck

Post by Buck » 24 Apr 2019, 23:16

Last Saturday my welcome camera started blinking green. No matter if I turn it upside down or normal way. It is still blinking. I reseted it. I looked good until it was configured. Then it started blinking again. So I reseted it once again with a cable from my PC. Configured from phone. Added to HomeKit. Then it started blinking again. Next reset. Playing with settings, networks, homekit. Nothing helped. Still blinking green. In the app it says connected but black screen can be seen. It seems to be a problem of FW 270?

Buck

Post by Buck » 24 Apr 2019, 23:17

Btw. I lost all faces... it is really annoying...

Edit:
My problem is solved... bundled sd card got broken. I bought a new one and then it started working again...

Return to “General questions”