Bricked my Welcome? HID Device via usb?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Ck1

Bricked my Welcome? HID Device via usb?

Post by Ck1 »

Dear Forum,

hope someone can help me with this one.
Today i had to interrupt power to my welcome camera and now it is not connecting/responding anymore.
The following happens after plugging the (original) usb power supply in:
- Green LED goes on for about 15 seconds
- green LED flashes once
- stays on for another 2 secodns
- then red LED goes on and stays on forever

Ethernet links comes up after powering on, but no data is transferred.
Wifi connection never comes up.

What i tried so far:
- Connecting to the Camera via the App does not work, the camera is never found.
- using a different powr supply does not change anything
- use a different / no SD Card during boot.
- Connect via USB to my PC. LED never turns white, Netatmo Wizard gives me error 2/2 (=1?) and is unable to connect. Interestingly the camera is detected as an USB HID Device (VID 25DA, PID 0004)

Any advice what could have happened and how to fix this?
Thanks in advance
Christoph
Ekristoffe

Re: Bricked my Welcome? HID Device via usb?

Post by Ekristoffe »

Hello Chris,
I think the best is to contact the technical support and see with them what they can do.
Ck1

Post by Ck1 »

Hi,

already contacted the support a few days ago but they seem to be quite busy at the moment.
I was hoping that some netatmo devs are reading here :D

The chipset itself seems to provide some kind of DFU mode which should make it impossible to actually brick these devices.
However in such case you are dependent on the support of the manufacturer.
So i‘m still hoping they can provide me a factory reset tool / magic sd card image to make it work again.
Warranty already expired so i guess this will be a good test to see how customer friendly they actually are ;)
Would be quite disappointing having to scrap this nice camera just due to some kind of software bug.

Long story short - still hoping for support :geek:
Ck1

Post by Ck1 »

Update:
Let me describe shortly what you can expect to get (service vise) from netatmo if you buy one of their premium devices:

Nothing ;)

Its now more than two weeks ago and i did not receive a single response. I know that we live in demanding times and of course fully understand that things take a litle bit longer. I did not even expect a final solution within these 16 days, but simply ignoring customers who spent hundreds of € on their products is not very nice.
Netatmo, if you are reading here, would be nice if you could contact me. I‘m more than willing to provide you additional details and if we come to the conlcusion that its not possible/worth fixing the camera i‘m also fine with that.

I’ll wait a few more days and then see how to proceed.
Hope to hear from anyone at netatmo.
Ekristoffe

Post by Ekristoffe »

Wow that impressive (on the bad way ...) have you try to message a moderator ?

Return to “General questions”