Cameras triggering motion sensor

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
ekalbels9

Cameras triggering motion sensor

Post by ekalbels9 »

Hello everyone. I recently received a used Lorex system for free and was testing it out. I’m going to keep the DVR in an obscure spot on top of some shelving in my garage. I have the DVR and cameras plugged into a UPS. I also have a wifi range extender plugged into the UPS because the DVR needs to be physically connected to my router (which is on the other side of the house) and the range extender allows me to do this wirelessly. I have a 4’ shop light in my garage a few feet from where I plan on storing all this equipment. My issue is that the shop light is activated by motion and will not turn off while this equipment is on. When the UPS is powered down and all the equipment is off the light is back to normal but when the equipment is on the light won’t turn off. I’ve tried covering the equipment with cardboard boxes to block any motion but that doesn’t help. I thought it might be the infrared cameras but I unplugged those and it made no difference either. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions for me? Thanks in advance!

Return to “General questions”