Firmware 468 every 2 hours disconnecting

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
bdormael

Firmware 468 every 2 hours disconnecting

Post by bdormael »

My indoor camera just upgraded from firmware 460 to 468, since then the camera disconnects every 2 hours, then re-connects again after a while (sometimes after an hour, sometimes 30 minutes), this is repeated every 2 hours.
it’s connected via LAN, so not a wifi issue
Anyone has the same issue ?

I have another one which is still firmware 460 and that one works perfect, the other one also worked perfect until the upgrade
tjb

Re: Firmware 468 every 2 hours disconnecting

Post by tjb »

I have seven welcome cameras, five on 456, two on 468, and have the same problem on one of them since it upgraded to 468. I tried power cycling it and it didn't make a difference.
bdormael

Post by bdormael »

The one that’s on 468 I’ve completely resetted by following these steps:
https://helpcenter.netatmo.com/en-us/sm ... oor-camera

Caution : this wipes the SD card completely and you have to reinstall from scratch.

After re-installing it works fine now.
tjb

Post by tjb »

Resetting mine from the app seems to have fixed it as well.
MikeyBoy1977

Post by MikeyBoy1977 »

468 bricked one of my 2 cameras. The other one hasn't updated yet (thankfully). Both connected over ethernet. i've raised ticket with support as it is now useless. It is powered on, red light so I can see that is recording, but I cannot connect to it.
n3m0

Post by n3m0 »

Same here. Since Firmware 468 the camera does not work after power or Internet (in my case by ethernet) loss anymore.
w.taferner

Post by w.taferner »

Not sure if it is related to the FW Update to 468, but I have two cameras and one is now constantly restarting (for unknown reasons).
I did change the SD card, reset the device, but it keeps doing stupid restarts. It is connected via Ethernet and I have no idea how to fix it.

Based on this thread I think it is worth investigating for the team. I will now write a ticket and hope to find a solution as it is annoying as hell.
iketheshark

Post by iketheshark »

I have exactly the same issue that I constantly get the message "camera disconnected" followed by a reboot after some time.
I would like to avoid a complete reset so please @Netatmo get the issue solved by a firmware fix.
w.taferner

Post by w.taferner »

Update: it is getting even more severe as by now it restarts every five minutes and I have tried everything (SD Card change, Reset, etc.)
Ticket is unanswered now for 6 days...
tjb

Post by tjb »

I continue to have rebooting issues after initially appearing that a reset fix it. All seven of mine are now updated and only one is having this issue. It was fine before the update.

Return to “General questions”