Welcome and an FTP server

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Tiuri

Welcome and an FTP server

Post by Tiuri » 25 Jan 2016, 19:24

I read that Netatmo's outdoor camera Presence supports uploading to an FTP server. Will this feature come to the Welcome camera as well??? Because that might convince me to buy it.

Tiuri

Re: Welcome and an FTP server

Post by Tiuri » 24 Feb 2016, 17:45

I'm very happy to read in the update log of the Android app that you've:
- Added FTP upload for videos

Where in the app can this be configured??? I can't find anything about FTP

sunnyboy

Post by sunnyboy » 25 Feb 2016, 08:27

thats a new feature with firmware release 70, probably you need an update.

soha_de

Post by soha_de » 29 Feb 2016, 13:34

Hi, I'm a new owner and first time visiting this forum.
My welcome is running firmware 71 and I'd like to save videos to my ftp-server on a qnap NAS. I tried to set my NAS internal ip adress as the server, but that didn't work. Do I have to use an external ftp adress via dyndns i.e.? I thought the stream doesn't leave my own network?
Hans

mscucciari

Post by mscucciari » 04 Mar 2016, 10:42

same problem here, firmware version 72 - set ftp parameters (NAS QNAP) but does not seem to work.

afriedl79

Post by afriedl79 » 04 Mar 2016, 10:52

mscucciari wrote:same problem here, firmware version 72 - set ftp parameters (NAS QNAP) but does not seem to work.
@mscucciari cloud you please post some screenshots of the new settings (FTP, red LED, Alarm, IR Modes, Mic settings, mirrored video capture ..)
would be nice to see the new features of FW 71, 72, .. as my Welcome, and many others are still on FW 40

How did you update from 70 to 72 that fast ?

Thanks

Tiuri

Post by Tiuri » 04 Mar 2016, 17:37

I used the 'Contact' option in the Welcome app to send a message, saying I would like to use the FTP feature but my camera was still on firmware 40. I received a response saying that they would update my camera and I'm now on fw 72.

There was a pop-up announcement about the update which, I'm sorry, I did not get a screenshot of.
I did make some screenshots after reading the request here. Sorry about the size

The home screen also showed a line about the successful upload to my Synology NAS :D

afriedl79

Post by afriedl79 » 04 Mar 2016, 21:45

Thanks Tiuri for the detailed information.
Which settings can you make with Nightvision IR Mode?

Does the FTP Uploads work successfully?
How long did the netatmo guys take to respond / push the firmware ?

Tiuri

Post by Tiuri » 05 Mar 2016, 05:54

Hi

IR mode can be set to auto, always on and always off.
As shown by the screencap, the FTP upload did work successfully. You can select a specific folder on the FTP server and within that folder a 2016 folder was created, in that a month folder (3) was created and in that a date folder (4). That's where the mp4 file was stored.

Netatmo responded within a few hours. I received a standard email first, saying how busy they are and that a reply might take longer than usual but after that I quickly received an email stating that they would push the updated fw to my camera.

mhs1

Post by mhs1 » 12 Mar 2016, 16:53

Kann mir jemand mal sagen was ich bei der Welcome eingeben muss um die Videos auf einer Fritzbox zu speichern ?
Ich bekomme das nicht hin.
Als Speicher möchte ich eine USB-Stick nehmen.

/ fritz.nas / Welcome

Can anyone tell me what time I have to type in the Welcome to the video store on a Fritz box?
I get the point not.
As memory I would like to take a USB stick.

/ Fritz.nas / Welcome

Return to “General questions”