2 welcome cameras: Shared intelligence needed!

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Bugsland

2 welcome cameras: Shared intelligence needed!

Post by Bugsland »

Hi,

Love my 2 welcome cameras but found it a missed opportunity that you are not sharing facial recognition between 2 cameras located in the same house!
After having my first welcome camera for Over a month and made it learn the faces of everyone in the house
I decided to buy a second camera to cover a different part of the house.
I was disappointed to see that the second camera seems to have to relearn every faces again!

Would be great if you can share intelligence between different camera under the same house/location. This would speed up the learning process for both cameras!!

Thanks.
B.
jgr

Re: 2 welcome cameras: Shared intelligence needed!

Post by jgr »

I wonder if removing the SD card from the first camera and copying the contents on to the second camera's card would help?
CopyCat73

Re: 2 welcome cameras: Shared intelligence needed!

Post by CopyCat73 »

I have two camera's, for the second one it took a few weeks until it had learned the faces again to an acceptable level. I don't think the intelligence in these devices goes to the level that you can share it; it's a collection of images under different circumstances that is compared to a new image I would assume. And since most camera's will not be looking at the same spot there will always be differences in images taken due to background, lighting, etc.

Return to “General questions”