Geofencing and timeout

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
tony_P

Re: Geofencing and timeout

Post by tony_P »

I have just bought a Welcome, and am very pleased except for the Geofencing. I have a Galaxy S7, Android 7.0. I have set the app to use my location to detect I am away. However, when I leave home the app keeps me as Home. It did once see me as away, but that was after one hour and many miles. If I set Away manually, I am set Home again when I return and my face is recognised as should be the case.
Two questions about this problem.

In the Home settings, I enter my postcode, or address, and it correctly shows my home on the map. When I exit the screen and return to it, the search field and map are blank. Should I have saved something somewhere?
and
My mobile signal near my home is poor (fine in home), and my phone may not transmit data as I pass the Geofence. Could this be the problem? If so would it be better for the app to poll for location every (say) 5 minutes when the app loses WiFi (ie I'm away) and continue until either WiFi returns (i.e, I was just in the garden), or my location shows I'm away.

Any comments or help would be very much appreciated. Thanks
jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo »

Hello,
Thanks for reporting the issue.
We found a bug that prevents the Home location to be saved properly for some users.
This will be fixed soon.
Once you are able to set the location at the right place, Geofencing should work fine.
Sorry for the inconvenience,
Jofre - Netatmo Team
tony_P

Post by tony_P »

Thanks Jofre for the rapid and positive response.

Tony
jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo »

Hello Tony,
The issue has been fixed.
Regards,
Jofre - Netatmo Team
tony_P

Post by tony_P »

Thanks Jofre.The location search field now retains my address as long as I stay in the settings menu. If I exit this, and return, the location search field is empty. I'll monitor if my departure is now recorded correctly, and post the outcome.
tony_P

Post by tony_P »

Unfortunately the problem has not been solved for me.
If I set my location while at home, geofencing works the first time I leave home. The second time it does not, so I have to manually flag that everyone has left. When next I leave home it works again, and so on.
It seems that the geofencing only works for the first time after any manual intervention.

I've not noticed the app being updated since I reported this problem (still 2.2.2.0). I'm still on android 7.0.

Hope this helps.

Tony
tony_P

Post by tony_P »

tony_P wrote:Unfortunately the problem has not been solved for me.
If I set my location while at home, geofencing works the first time I leave home. The second time it does not, so I have to manually flag that everyone has left. When next I leave home it works again, and so on.
It seems that the geofencing only works for the first time after any manual intervention.

I've not noticed the app being updated since I reported this problem (still 2.2.2.0). I'm still on android 7.0.

Hope this helps.

Tony
Geofencing now seems to be working for me. Big variation in how long it takes to recognise my absence, from a couple of minutes to a couple of hours, but I can live with this. App version now 2.2.3.0.
Theo

Post by Theo »

I recently have my camera and have the same issue. firmware is 199. location is not saved. Not via the app or via windows PC.
Anything else I can do?
benjamin_netatmo

Post by benjamin_netatmo »

Dear Netatmo Customer,

You reported a bug and made feedbacks, we are re-opening the Beta-Test program and we are looking for ambassadors to try new products, find out more and check its benefits here!

https://forms.office.com/Pages/Response ... VJVkNRSy4u

The Netatmo Team

Return to “General questions”