Netatmo Welcome disconnects without advice

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
FilippoB

Netatmo Welcome disconnects without advice

Post by FilippoB » 16 Dec 2016, 21:42

For a long time my Welcome disconnects without giving any notice.
It simply stop recording and monitoring (in the app I see the last movement when the camera was still connected and than nothing). Sometime I notice it two or three days after the disconnection, because of no advice. Recently disconnections are becoming more frequent (every two days).
What can I do? Is it a know bug?

petomei

Re: Netatmo Welcome disconnects without advice

Post by petomei » 06 Jan 2017, 11:26

I have frequent disconnects, too. Asked the support about that. Here's the answer:
Indeed, your camera frequently loses the connection to the Internet.
To determine the cause of this behaviour, I ask you to consider the following:
- Ensure that the unit has a good wifi signal. For testing purposes you could approach the camera closer to the router or connect via Ethernet cable directly to the router
- Check if the routers connection is stable.
- Make sure that there are no electrical devices between the router and the camera that could interefere with the signal.
- If you use a repeater, please make sure it is not the same SSID as the router.
- Open ports UDP 4500 + 500
- Enable IPsec
- Try changing the DNS server with those of Google (main: 8.8.8.8 / secondary: 8.8.4.4)
- Give a static IP address to the camera using the MAC address.
Does the problem persist? If so, you can exchange the camera from your reseller if authorized by the warranty.

Nothing solved the problem.

ChrisWUP

Post by ChrisWUP » 10 Jan 2017, 15:35

me too, every time this shit lose to connection. I change the Camera serval times .... distance to router 3 meter. Actual Fritz.Box 7490.

Cris

Post by Cris » 28 Feb 2017, 13:55

Me too. It worked fine for a couple of months and now it is getting me crazy... I exchange my first camera for the same reason... As my configuration is not changing, I suppose this is a problem from Netatmo.

ubik

Post by ubik » 02 Mar 2017, 16:53

petomei wrote:I have frequent disconnects, too. Asked the support about that. Here's the answer:
Indeed, your camera frequently loses the connection to the Internet.
To determine the cause of this behaviour, I ask you to consider the following:
- Ensure that the unit has a good wifi signal. For testing purposes you could approach the camera closer to the router or connect via Ethernet cable directly to the router
- Check if the routers connection is stable.
- Make sure that there are no electrical devices between the router and the camera that could interefere with the signal.
- If you use a repeater, please make sure it is not the same SSID as the router.
- Open ports UDP 4500 + 500
- Enable IPsec
- Try changing the DNS server with those of Google (main: 8.8.8.8 / secondary: 8.8.4.4)
- Give a static IP address to the camera using the MAC address.
Does the problem persist? If so, you can exchange the camera from your reseller if authorized by the warranty.

Nothing solved the problem.
I gues this is a standard reply, I got exactly the same one months ago, but obviously none of the above solved the problem.

Return to “General questions”