Are Snapshots stored in RAM or on the MicroSD card?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
ben523543652464

Are Snapshots stored in RAM or on the MicroSD card?

Post by ben523543652464 »

Hi Netatmo,

I've written a guide for integrating Netatmo Welcome camera with Domoticz home automation software.

domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=15124

I'm a bit concerned regarding where the live snapshots called "snapshot_720.jpg" are being written to on the device,

Can you please confirm if these are being written and served from RAM or from the MicroSD card?

A snapshot being temporary should really be served from RAM and should work even without the MicroSD card.
ubik

Re: Are Snapshots stored in RAM or on the MicroSD card?

Post by ubik »

Great guide, thank you!
guillaumeM_Netatmo

Post by guillaumeM_Netatmo »

Hi,
Thanks for your interest in our product and your guide.

I can confirm that the snapshots are stored in RAM and served from there. Only the video associated to the events in your timeline and the models are persisted on the SD-Card. This is done so the SD-Card is preserved as much as possible.
ubik

Post by ubik »

ben523543652464, it seems that after the last firmware upgrade (v. 130) your method does not work anymore.
Do you confirm or do I have a different problem?
Can someone from Netatmo tell something about this? Did you disable this feature in v. 130 firmware?
nvolg001

Post by nvolg001 »

Hi Ubik and ben523543652464. Yesterday I managed to sign in my Netatmo Welcome ( firmware 131 and a micro SD-card installed) camera into Domoticz.It took a rather long time to succeed. The method, described by ben523543652464 is correct ( thanks ) but a little cryptically. When you understand the way of thinking of ben523543652464 you can do the job ( I ask my son to look with me using teamviewer, a program for screen-sharing ).
Very crucial: when you sign in the camera into Domoticz it looks like a failure, the video stream doesn't appear in the test area. In the camera-overview ( one screen backwards ) it looks like a failure too. But when you click on the camera-smiley its proves a working camera. After a certain time everything is oké, be patient.
ubik

Post by ubik »

nvolg001 wrote:Hi Ubik and ben523543652464. Yesterday I managed to sign in my Netatmo Welcome ( firmware 131 and a micro SD-card installed) camera into Domoticz.It took a rather long time to succeed. The method, described by ben523543652464 is correct ( thanks ) but a little cryptically. When you understand the way of thinking of ben523543652464 you can do the job ( I ask my son to look with me using teamviewer, a program for screen-sharing ).
Very crucial: when you sign in the camera into Domoticz it looks like a failure, the video stream doesn't appear in the test area. In the camera-overview ( one screen backwards ) it looks like a failure too. But when you click on the camera-smiley its proves a working camera. After a certain time everything is oké, be patient.

In my case I was not trying to integrate it into Domoticz, just tried to access the video stream. It worked without problems the first time I did it, then ater the fw 130 it did not work anymore. I did not try after fw 131, which seems to address this problem in the very short description provided by Netatmo.

Return to “General questions”