Welcome keeps disconnecting

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
FitzBishop

Re: Welcome keeps disconnecting

Post by FitzBishop »

Hello,

Exact same issue jdesm is reporting.
I was using an Apple based Wifi network and did not have any issue. Camera was connected to a specific 2,4ghz wifi network.
Moved this week to an Orbi Wifi 6 mesh system encapsulating 2,4ghz and 5ghz under the same SSID.
Since then camera keeps disconnecting every now and then (2, 3 times an hour).
The camera is less than 3 meters away from the Wifi router, so it can not be a matter of weak signal.

Fitz

Edit : Forgot to mention that other netatmo products seem to work fine (smoke detectors)
FitzBishop

Post by FitzBishop »

Solved it !!

I looked at CTS/RTS thresholds that were set to 64 for both channels (2.4 and 5Ghz).
Dramatically increased them to 2307.
Since then no disconnection (24h) from the Netatmo camera that seems to work fine.

Fitz
stefnetatmo

Post by stefnetatmo »

can you create another network and keep it to one frequency (2.4) and then add the camera to that network instead of the main one?
Stef - Netatmo User
Products: Weather Station
--------------------------------
jpreine

Post by jpreine »

I'm having the same issue as the topic starter with one of my cameras.
I own two Welcome cameras. Camera No. 1 started to be very problematic last week and goes on and off. Both cameras had Firmware 426 and are now on Firmware 440. WiFi is strong, because camera is in the same room as my router. I am using a FritzBox 6490 with latest OS 7.12.
I removed the camera completely from my setup and added camera again to my setup - disconnects one hour later. I had to unplug and plug in the power-supply to get it working again. Same happened the following night, power off-on and it started again.
I replaced the SD-card with a brand new one. Took a while, but operates again after waiting for 10 minutes. But no change, camera keeps disconnecting 2-3 times per day.
I changed power supply from my Welcome camera No. 2 to camera No. 1. No change, camera keeps disconnecting 2-3 times per day.

My Netatmo weather station and my Presence camera are working all day long without any problem.

Any ideas?
Presence Camera, 2 Welcome Cameras, 9 Sensor Tags, Smoke Detector.
Weather Station V3, Outdoor Module, 3 Indoor Modules, Rain Gauge, Wind Gauge.
jpreine

Post by jpreine »

Camera No. 1 was replaced by Netatmo support. New camera works without problem. Perfect service!
Presence Camera, 2 Welcome Cameras, 9 Sensor Tags, Smoke Detector.
Weather Station V3, Outdoor Module, 3 Indoor Modules, Rain Gauge, Wind Gauge.
Oxymoron

Post by Oxymoron »

Just adding that I have exactly the same problem. My older Welcome (about two years old) never disconnects. My newer one continually disconnnects, even though it actually has a stronger wifi signal.

I also get the same inconsistency in the history file - sometimes it shows camera stopped (ie no power) and then disconnects. Othertimes it just disconnects from wifi. The actual camera always has its red light on so it is not really losing power.
sharkys

Post by sharkys »

I have issues with my Netatmo Welcome as well....it's connected via LAN but for some reason, after while it disconnect and connect via Wifi and it ignores LAN. Also after running for longer period of time, it seems it's more unstable, loosing connections to tags etc.
Luckily as Netatmo Welcome is facing TV to prevent false detections, I'm using it with Zigbee powersocket so it's from time to time hard rebooted / switched off/on during the time TV is on - so then it works again for some time.
But it's interesting more people are reporting those issues - I suspect those problems started with few firmware releases before. I have also changed the power adapter, SD card...but it doesn't seems to be better. What I don't understand is why LAN connection works somehow randomly only, the cable/connection is tested and OK.
I wonder if anyone can suggest anything ?
SN 70:EE:50:16:76:C6
Oxymoron

Post by Oxymoron »

I have same problem. Welcome keeps disconnecting. Wifi signal is strong.
felixsin

Post by felixsin »

Hello, I have the same problem too.
Since about one week, my welcome keeps going offline and online.
Are you updating Netatmo servers or doing something on your network?
Thanks
Francesco
jdesm

Post by jdesm »

FitzBishop wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 19:18 Solved it !!

I looked at CTS/RTS thresholds that were set to 64 for both channels (2.4 and 5Ghz).
Dramatically increased them to 2307.
Since then no disconnection (24h) from the Netatmo camera that seems to work fine.

Fitz
Interesting! Sorry I just saw this. I disabled multimedia mode (I was having issues with the weather station and this was recommended to disable on Orbi) and things seemed to get better, no more disconnects now. Curious what the CTS/RTS do, did you find documentation somewhere to indicate such a big change was needed?

Return to “General questions”