Welcome keeps disconnecting

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
MarcoGT

Welcome keeps disconnecting

Post by MarcoGT »

Hi all,

my Welcome started to disconnect several times per day.
Sometimes, in logs, I see "welcome disconnected" and then "welcome connected", sometimes I see "welcome disconnected", "welcome started" and then "welcome connected".

Is it a WiFi problem or a power problem? The logs sequence is different.

I have to add that I changed the Welcome position and this can be an indication for the WiFi problem.

Thanks,
Marco
jofre_netatmo

Re: Welcome keeps disconnecting

Post by jofre_netatmo »

Hi Marco,
The symptoms you describe could indeed be explained by a weak WiFi signal.
Please try to move your router closer to the camera or vice versa and check if the problem persists.
If it persists, please contact the Support Team so they can help you.
Thanks,
Jofre - Netatmo Team
mb2

Post by mb2 »

Mine has just started doing the same - it is not a weak WiFi signal - is on a Velop Node system.

Would reserving an IP address for it help maybe ?
MarcoGT

Post by MarcoGT »

I had two ideas:

1. weak WiFi
2. Camera was connected to a multiple power strip

Then, I changed the position of the Welcome and connected directly to a wall power outlet and now it is much better.
Also the face recognition is much much better; before it was attached to a wall and tilted a little bit towards floor and faces were almost never recognized.
effeci

Post by effeci »

move also keeps disconnecting and not detecting faces, it seems slower than it was before firmware 180
jdesm

Post by jdesm »

Reviving an old post, but I just started having that issue after upgrading my wifi to a mesh system (Netgear Orbi wifi 6). This never happened on my old Apple Airport stations. Does the camera somehow have issues with mesh routers?

If anything, wifi is a lot stronger than it was before where the camera is. I tried to reset the camera, but it didn't help.
Maroen

Post by Maroen »

I have the exact same probleem. I own two welcome camera’s. One of the very first release and another of almost 2 years old. A few months ago the newest began losing connection serveral times A day. I Turned to Netatmo for help and after Some investigation they advised to return the camera to Netatmo. Eventually Netatmo told me the camera was defective and they let me order a new one for free.

The new camera arrived yesterday and so it’s connected for like 24 Hours now and guess what? It had lost connection and reconnected several times again today.

I am very happy with the help and service Netatmo offered me but I don’t know what to do with this brand new Welcome.

Note: my olderst welcome never have these issues where ever i place it in my house
JackF

Post by JackF »

I'm having the same issue as the topic starter. Mostly once a day almost everyday. The wifi signal seems to be strong. I've tried it with my own Apple AirPort Extreme router and my ISP router. With both routers the problem exists. Both routers had a clear line-of-sight with the camera and were at 1-2 meters distance. No other devices within 50 cm of my camera.

I've returned the camera to Netatmo to get it fixed.
I will see what happens next...
cantece

Post by cantece »

Same problem with my camera. It is not the Wifi, as the waether station nect to it gets all the signal correctly.

MarcoGT wrote: 14 Dec 2017, 08:06 Hi all,

my Welcome started to disconnect several times per day.
Sometimes, in logs, I see "welcome disconnected" and then "welcome connected", sometimes I see "welcome disconnected", "welcome started" and then "welcome connected".

Is it a WiFi problem or a power problem? The logs sequence is different.

I have to add that I changed the Welcome position and this can be an indication for the WiFi problem.

Thanks,
Marco
cantece

Post by cantece »

It was allready disconnecting before I installed the mesh wifi.

Return to “General questions”