WU & Netatmo

This forum provides technical help on how to run Netatmo Weather Stations to accurately gather data.
remember

WU & Netatmo

Post by remember » 28 May 2018, 10:54

Hello everyone,

I wonder if anyone knows why all netatmo have been off on the WU since 24/05

Thank you for your help.
Sorry, for my English.

lancemoreland

Re: WU & Netatmo

Post by lancemoreland » 28 May 2018, 19:42

I have been wondering the same thing. Support at WU is non-existent and they do not respond to any inquiries, so unless some one at Netatmo knows, we will never find out. I also wonder if it has anything to do with all of the new privacy agreements that are being pushed out.

fsf976

Post by fsf976 » 30 May 2018, 08:21

Same for me. The situation is very disappointing given that Netatmo won't help with this situation and just point us to weather underground. Surely they have better contacts at WeatherUnderground than the public support web page. I switched from another weather station to Netatmo but only because Netatmo had WeatherUnderground support (or appeared to) but I shall buy a different weather station should any of my modules fail now the warranties have expired.

BlueTang

Post by BlueTang » 03 Jun 2018, 08:22

I 'm also not happy with this situation. I used WU to control my garden watering system by the weather information forwarded from my Netatmo station. This is not working anymore! :roll:

Are there any Netatmo plans to change to another weather service provider, e.g. OpenWeatherMap? :geek:

fsf976

Post by fsf976 » 04 Jun 2018, 06:42

BlueTang wrote:I 'm also not happy with this situation. I used WU to control my garden watering system by the weather information forwarded from my Netatmo station. This is not working anymore! :roll:

Are there any Netatmo plans to change to another weather service provider, e.g. OpenWeatherMap? :geek:
That last actual response I received from a Netatmo employee stated that WeatherUnderground pull the data from Netatmo, so providing the Netatmo APIs are working, it's a WeatherUnderground issue so are unwilling to help. That would also suggest they won't be finding another supplier, they'd leave it up to another weather service to pull Netetmo's data

But given WU pull all data, they must have a special arrangement with Netatmo for this. Hence someone at Netatmo should be able to contact WU to find out what is going on. They are just unwilling to do so.

remember

Post by remember » 04 Jun 2018, 10:45

Good Morning
I do not know what will be really true, but what runs around is that the WU has become a paid service, so I do not know how this netatmo / wu partnership will be, basically from what I realized we have to pay to have access to data that are sent to them for free, but this is still very hot ... :?

lancemoreland

Post by lancemoreland » 06 Jun 2018, 04:15

I do not know for sure but I suspect that Netatmo and Weather Underground have quietly gone their separate ways.

micpas

Post by micpas » 07 Jun 2018, 19:47

Dear all,
please note that May 25th 2018 was the implementation date of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union.
GDPR also addresses the export of data outside the EU, and applies to all enterprises, regardless of location, that are doing business with the European Economic Area.
According to GDPR regulations, business processes that handle personal data must be revised to comply with lots of mechanisms for data protection assurance.
I believe GDPR is the main reason for this mess.

BlueTang

Post by BlueTang » 10 Jun 2018, 12:13

I am also thinking that GDPR was the reason that the Netatmo stations are not supported anymore. However, it would be very helpful to know if there are any plans by Weather Underground to use the Netatmo data in the future again? :geek:

Hansi1

Post by Hansi1 » 04 Jul 2018, 10:53

I got a reply from WU after sapmming the WU support:

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in and expressing your disappointment with your PWS no longer showing up on WU.

Weather Underground & Netatmo are presently working out the details of a new partnership arrangement.
In the interim, WU has stopped automatically displaying Netatmo data.

In the meantime, you may wish to use some other upload software to connect your Netatmo station into WU.
Some of our users have success with this:
<url of meteoware plus>

Additionally, you may wish to contact Netatmo and express that you’d like to continue to have your station shown on WU!

Regards,
The WU Team
So... basically.. we have to wait :(

Return to “My Weather Station data”