WU & Netatmo

This forum provides technical help on how to run Netatmo Weather Stations to accurately gather data.
remember

Re: WU & Netatmo

Post by remember » 24 Aug 2018, 09:58

Gocher66 wrote:Meanwhile Meteoware plus is running without any problems. Their developers have worked on the problems mentioned before. Now it it running stable and the data is transferred every 6 minutes.

However I agree to the statement that the integration into WU was part of my buying decision also and it was mentioned by Netatmo as a feature on their homepage. I my view the have to fix it. Yes, the service is maybe stopped because of the new European data protection law. On the other hand this law was not established by surprise!
Meteoware sends every 6 minutes, but the data only appears every 10 minutes! I have verified this in the WU, another alternative is domoticz, which I have already tested, but I still can not get it to work at 100%, there are repeated / wrong data in the shipments to the WU.

Gocher66

Post by Gocher66 » 24 Aug 2018, 12:23

Yes, it is correct that th data has a 10 min delay. This is because of the update cycle time of netatmo.
WU is excepting data which is not older then 15 min and because Metoeware has reduced the
Cyceltime to 6 min it is working. At least on my site. If you need faster updates, netatmo
has to speed up.

Checked it again, maybe I am wrong and the delay
is because of the reading cycle of Meteoware :-)
However the result is still ok for me.

Gocher66

Post by Gocher66 » 13 Sep 2018, 19:09

Here are some additional findings/news on this topic.

OK I am running an irrigation controller form Hunter at home. This system can use weather stations shown/listed in WU.
Since last week NETATMO devices are shown in this web interface, where the owner has enabled the data sharing function in NETATMO user interface. At least that’s what I am assuming. Reason for my assumption is quite easy. The additional weather stations in the web service of Hunter/Hydrawise are new and their location is identically to NETATMO weather stations. Not all weather stations of NETATMO are shown, which is clear also, because not every user has give the permission to NETATMO to share this.
On the other hand, it is also shown in the web interface of Hunter/Hydrawise that the NETATMO weatherstations are not delivering “correct data”.
OK what is my understanding. NETATMO devices are still listed at Weatherunderground and are not deleted!
So now I am interested in Feedback of NETATMO :D
Attachments
NEATATMO.JPG
NETATNO in Hydrawise

remember

Post by remember » 27 Sep 2018, 10:27

Good Morning,

I found a php file that communicates with the neatmo api and sends it to the WU every 5 minutes.

https://gist.github.com/tomalbers/8a02fc0ea04e9db561d2

The only problem is that it seems to have stopped being developed and there is no code for wind gauge, anyone who has this script working with wind gauge?

lancemoreland

Post by lancemoreland » 02 Jul 2019, 15:52

I know that this is an old thread but the problem still isn't solved. Meteoware is hit and miss. My Netatmo remains off of the WeatherUnderground map most of the time because that data that it receives from Meteoware is older than 15 minutes more times than not. I am looking for a working alternative. Even a solution that runs on a Raspberry Pi would be fine or on a stand alone work station the runs 24/7. I am not a coder, so I don't have the skill to write the code that would be necessary but surely someone out there has done this and could share. Any ideas?

Return to “My Weather Station data”