WU & Netatmo

This forum provides technical help on how to run Netatmo Weather Stations to accurately gather data.
BlueTang

Re: WU & Netatmo

Post by BlueTang » 06 Jul 2018, 07:40

I received the same reply from WU. Is there a way, other than this forum, to contact Netatmo. Beside this forum I have not seen any statements from Netatmo that they work on this issue. Do we have a chance to see the data on WU in the near future again? :cry:

Regards

Franz

remember

Post by remember » 06 Jul 2018, 09:44

Good Morning,

I have kept in touch with the netatmo and what I was told by the technical support is that at the moment they are working on this, but that they do not have much more to move forward at the moment.

I received the same email from WU, so wait.
Currently I use domoticz to send data to the WU, they also have the meteoware, it loses by sending it done every 20 minutes.

BlueTang

Post by BlueTang » 08 Jul 2018, 19:33

Thanks for the hint to use the MeteoWare Plus Service to connect the Netatmo weather station to WU. You are right it reports the Netatmo data only every 20 minutes to WU. Nevertheless for the time beeing it is a practible workaround for the WU & Netatmo disconnection.

My current understanding is that I don't have to pay for the service, as long as I don't like to perform any Weather Analysis. I have to watch it for some time, if it is Ok for me to control my sprinkler system with this scenario. :?:

Thanks and regards

Franz

Sparks135

Post by Sparks135 » 13 Jul 2018, 17:25

Tried to connect to the Metoware Plus, but it doesn't seem to connect to Netatmo.I think the Netatmo site is down again.

BlueTang

Post by BlueTang » 21 Jul 2018, 07:08

The workaround using the Meteoware Plus service to send my Netatmo weather data to Weather Underground is working with interruptions. My Netatmo PWS is not always visible at the Weather Underground Map. WU shows the message “This PWS is not reporting” and does not update the values given under Current Conditions. Looking at the Weather History and especially the Weather History Graph of the current day, it can be well seen that the correct data is reported. I don’t know why the Current Conditions update fails? Maybe only a temporary malfunction at the WU side? I have reported the fault situation to WU, but got no response till now! Meteoware Plus itself is working, as I can see my Netatmo data at the corresponding weather website. My free WU API key seems to be still working as I can connect my Sprinkler System to a nearby WU PWS. I hope that this will work at least for the remaining garden season. :roll:

BlueTang

Post by BlueTang » 08 Aug 2018, 17:51

After getting more details from WU and thanks to the efforts of the team from MeteoWare this issue is solved now. The MeteoWare Plus service is working without producing interruptions of the Wunderground Current Conditions anymore. :D

Thanks and regards

Franz

remember

Post by remember » 22 Aug 2018, 10:47

If there were questions ...
although on the WU website continue to netatmo weather station.

https://www.netatmo.com/en-US/helpcente ... -normal/55

TonyC

Post by TonyC » 23 Aug 2018, 11:22

I for one am disgusted with Netatmo over this. Zero communication with their customer base for months after the link to WU stopped working. This was a MAJOR KPI for the netatmo weather station, and one of the prime reasons I purchased it over other brands was so as to have the station data shown on WU. The fact they have removed this is a disgrace and big let down for their customers. There wont be any more recommendations from me for Netatmo given then their shoddy customer service.
Regards Tony.
Presence Camera, FW145
Weather Station FW135, Outdoor Module FW46, + Rain Gauge FW8, Wind Gauge FW18, Indoor Modules x3 FW44

remember

Post by remember » 23 Aug 2018, 15:49

TonyC wrote:I for one am disgusted with Netatmo over this. Zero communication with their customer base for months after the link to WU stopped working. This was a MAJOR KPI for the netatmo weather station, and one of the prime reasons I purchased it over other brands was so as to have the station data shown on WU. The fact they have removed this is a disgrace and big let down for their customers. There wont be any more recommendations from me for Netatmo given then their shoddy customer service.
The same here, bought by the ease of being able to connect the same to the WU. Now it happens this way and without any kind of notice it was still thought it would be by the data protection law and that thing would come back, but no!
You have meteoware and domoticz, but I am still waiting for you to confirm if we can use it as an alternative to send data to the WU.

Gocher66

Post by Gocher66 » 24 Aug 2018, 09:49

Meanwhile Meteoware plus is running without any problems. Their developers have worked on the problems mentioned before. Now it it running stable and the data is transferred every 6 minutes.

However I agree to the statement that the integration into WU was part of my buying decision also and it was mentioned by Netatmo as a feature on their homepage. I my view the have to fix it. Yes, the service is maybe stopped because of the new European data protection law. On the other hand this law was not established by surprise!

Return to “My Weather Station data”