Suddenly all my data from all modules were deleted for about one and half a year!!!

This forum provides technical help on how to run Netatmo Weather Stations to accurately gather data.
notebooker

Suddenly all my data from all modules were deleted for about one and half a year!!!

Post by notebooker »

Hi, suddenly I realized that all my data from indoor and outdoor module and rain gauge was deleted for about 1,5 year. I didn’t delete any data on my own! Is there any backup on server or what can I do? Netatmo delete my data!!! Can I ask some official help from Netatmo? Where? Thank you!
Chiara_Netatmo

Re: Suddenly all my data from all modules were deleted for about one and half a year!!!

Post by Chiara_Netatmo »

Hello,

Please submit a support request via our help center (https://www.netatmo.com/helpcenter), we will then be able to investigate about this issue.

Thank you for your cooperation!
baxl

Re: Suddenly all my data from all modules were deleted for about one and half a year!!!

Post by baxl »

I have a similar problem. I only have data beginning from the August 21st (indoor/outdoor/rain/wind). Before that all data are deleted (several years). On August 22nd I did maintenance on the rain gauge and wind gauge and dring the maintenance I erased the data from this period from the rain gauge and wind gauge, but I'm sure I didn't erase any other data. At the weekend I sent a message to Netatmo. I hope Netatmo can help me.
notebooker

Post by notebooker »

baxl wrote: 02 Sep 2019, 11:17 I have a similar problem. I only have data beginning from the August 21st (indoor/outdoor/rain/wind). Before that all data are deleted (several years). On August 22nd I did maintenance on the rain gauge and wind gauge and dring the maintenance I erased the data from this period from the rain gauge and wind gauge, but I'm sure I didn't erase any other data. At the weekend I sent a message to Netatmo. I hope Netatmo can help me.
Hey, this is same situation. I did maintenance (delete 2 hours from outoor module) and suddenly all data from all sensors disappear. I will write to Netatmo. If you will have some additional information, please write it here.
baxl

Post by baxl »

notebooker wrote: 02 Sep 2019, 12:02
baxl wrote: 02 Sep 2019, 11:17 I have a similar problem. I only have data beginning from the August 21st (indoor/outdoor/rain/wind). Before that all data are deleted (several years). On August 22nd I did maintenance on the rain gauge and wind gauge and dring the maintenance I erased the data from this period from the rain gauge and wind gauge, but I'm sure I didn't erase any other data. At the weekend I sent a message to Netatmo. I hope Netatmo can help me.
Hey, this is same situation. I did maintenance (delete 2 hours from outoor module) and suddenly all data from all sensors disappear. I will write to Netatmo. If you will have some additional information, please write it here.
Please you too
baxl

Post by baxl »

I have my weather data back. Thanks! Unfortunately the dates between August 8th and August 21st cannot be restored.
notebooker

Post by notebooker »

baxl wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 09:37 I have my weather data back. Thanks! Unfortunately the dates between August 8th and August 21st cannot be restored.
That’s great. Did you get any official information from Netatmo? I wrote them twice, but they wrote that they are still working on it. My data still didn’t get back.
Chiara_Netatmo

Post by Chiara_Netatmo »

Hello @notebooker,

Could you specify your ticket number? We will make sure your request is treated rapidly.
Have a nice day,
marsm

Post by marsm »

Did everyone get their data back successfully?
Our country living, smallholding and sustainability journey: https://myhomefarm.co.uk
notebooker

Post by notebooker »

marsm wrote: 26 Jun 2020, 08:32 Did everyone get their data back successfully?
Hi, they didn't recover my data. I got this answer from Netatmo Help center:
Hi Petr,

Thanks for your patience.

A few weeks ago, our servers encountered an incident that caused a data loss, which has been thoroughly analyzed by our engineers. The situation is about a one-time incident which concerned a few stations.
We did our best to recover your data, but despite our efforts, this was not possible.

We know how important reliability is for our users and understand that this can’t have been an easy thing to deal with. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please, be aware of the fact that we take the situation very seriously and we are implementing all the necessary solutions to make sure it will not happen again.

I would like to do an exception for you and offer an exceptional discount of 20% for any of our products.

Do not hesitate to tell me if you are interested in this offer.
Thank you for your understanding, have an excellent day!

Return to “My Weather Station data”