Data backup and restore

This forum provides technical help on how to run Netatmo Weather Stations to accurately gather data.
bar2

Data backup and restore

Post by bar2 »

Is there any information on data backup and restore?
I suddenly lost 2 years of data and cannot find any information how to get it back.
GEORGzer

Re: Data backup and restore

Post by GEORGzer »

Contact support, they usually can do things like transfer data to new models and such. Maybe they can help you.
https://helpcenter.netatmo.com
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Scheppi

Post by Scheppi »

Be aware that they have stopped transferring data and they will (as stated below) as soon as you remove the module, delete the information from the servers!
And it seems there is no restore procedure!

I had to replace my rain gauge due to a defect and eventhough on the web page the transfer still seems possible, I received the following reply:

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting Netatmo Support.
As part of our commitment to the security of personal data and the continuous improvement of our products, we are in the process of migrating and organizing all of the Weather Stations into virtual “Homes”.
For this reason, data transfer is no longer available.
Therefore, when you remove your product from the “Home” or delete a module from the Main Station, the data will be automatically deleted in accordance with the provisions of the data protection regulations.
We strongly recommend to download the measurement history of your Station using the following procedure:
* Visit your web application: my.netatmo.com
* Go to: settings > Station Name > Advanced > Download your Station data in CSV/XLS format.
Thank you for your understanding.

I am really upset, just lost 6 years worth of rain data :-( and probably I would no longer consider Netatmo given these circumstances. Unfortunately I have a max setup and won't spend the money now.

Stefan
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Thank You for the information. I wasn‘t aware of these new circumstances either.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Ekristoffe

Post by Ekristoffe »

I understand the security but it is the same owner ...
it's like if you change from an iphone 8 to an iphone 10 and apple tell you the icloud data will be reset because it is a new device ...
it is stupid af !

Return to “My Weather Station data”