Data lagging behind for long periods of time

This forum provides technical help on how to run Netatmo Weather Stations to accurately gather data.
Shodan

Data lagging behind for long periods of time

Post by Shodan »

For long periods of time (currently about a month) the data on my Netatmo devices starts lagging behind around evening (CET times) up to an hour and start catching up around 2-3 AM and are up to normal update speed in the early morning. That is until next evening where it all start lagging behind again. It's the same delay on every module (Main base, outdoor, extra indoor, wind gauge) except the rain gauge that updates fine (or at least more than all the other modules).

This is not the first time this have happened (maybe the 4-5th time since i bought the Base Station a little over 2 years ago. I see several people have the same problem. Is there no fix for this? are the servers overloaded in the evening? and I can see the smart part in sending the data to the servers so you can access you data anywhere in the world, but why make a system that can't get the data when on the same network eliminating problems like this and save unnecessary traffic/load to/on the servers?

From what I can read this is happening to others and have been for a long time, clearly there must be a solution by now?
Chiara_Netatmo

Re: Data lagging behind for long periods of time

Post by Chiara_Netatmo »

Hello,
We encountered an issue with the servers that has now been fixed.
No data has been lost, the service came back to normal, our users are now able to see all of their data in the application.
Have a nice day
Leon

Post by Leon »

I am actually having the same problem...this happens normally in the evening...and data are back normal in the morning. Currently in is 00.46 am, and the last data displayed is still at 23:57... This is happening every night....
Can somebody please help or explain...?

Leon
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 00.48.21.png
Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 00.48.21.png (185.11 KiB) Viewed 1433 times
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

Leon wrote: 04 Dec 2020, 00:49 I am actually having the same problem...this happens normally in the evening...and data are back normal in the morning. Currently in is 00.46 am, and the last data displayed is still at 23:57... This is happening every night....
Can somebody please help or explain...?

Leon
I'm getting this too, a few hours lag on my graph??
How do you get the nice web view of your data there, thought Netatmo can only be used on the app?

Return to “My Weather Station data”