Temperature spikes

This forum provides technical help on how to run Netatmo Weather Stations to accurately gather data.
Torstein

Temperature spikes

Post by Torstein »

Hi

My main module temperature graph are showing spikes of 0.3-0.5 degrees celsius every hour.
The temperatur reading are correct exept the spikes.

The extra indoor module shows the correct value without the spikes.

Have anybody seen this before and is there any fix for it?

Thanks
Attachments
Netatmo main module.jpg
Netatmo main module.jpg (10.06 KiB) Viewed 829 times
karel

Re: Temperature spikes

Post by karel »

Main module will generate heat, if it's wifi module will stay working for longer. Normally it will switch on wifi once every 10 minutes, will send it's data to Netatmo servers and will switch off wifi again, this should take 2...3 seconds only. Normally most of time is main module wifi offline. But if it cannot connect with Netatmo servers in this 10 minutes interval, wifi module will not switch off and trying again a few times. This longer working wifi will generate more heat. And this should not be a surprise for us that Netatmo servers network is very unstable and hard to connect. For example at the moment are these servers unreachable for last 5 or even more hours.
Torstein

Re: Temperature spikes

Post by Torstein »

karel wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 10:10 Main module will generate heat, if it's wifi module will stay working for longer. Normally it will switch on wifi once every 10 minutes, will send it's data to Netatmo servers and will switch off wifi again, this should take 2...3 seconds only. Normally most of time is main module wifi offline. But if it cannot connect with Netatmo servers in this 10 minutes interval, wifi module will not switch off and trying again a few times. This longer working wifi will generate more heat. And this should not be a surprise for us that Netatmo servers network is very unstable and hard to connect. For example at the moment are these servers unreachable for last 5 or even more hours.
Thanks!

You were right. It`s the module trying to connect to WIFI.
The problem was a setting with my router.

My weather station do not work well with the "ASUS tri band smart connect"
Disable this and it was back to normal.

Return to “My Weather Station data”