Mail from Netatmo "someone has logged into your account"

This forum provides technical help on how to run Netatmo Weather Stations to accurately gather data.
raisch

Mail from Netatmo "someone has logged into your account"

Post by raisch »

Since two hours I get every 10 minutes a mail from netatmo concerning that someone has logged in to my account with ip-adress xx.xx.xx.xx.
But the ip-adress is my own adress and everything is okay.
I can't stop these messages...

Am I the only one with these mails?

raimund
raisch

Re: Mail from Netatmo "someone has logged into your account

Post by raisch »

I got answer from netatmo:

Adrian
18:18 (vor 1 Minute)

an mich
Hallo,

Bitte nutzen Sie diesen Link um die Benachrichtigungs-Einstellungen zu personalisieren:
https://my.netatmo.com/settingsstation/mail_preferences

Now I have deactivated the messaging function about login in my account and now it seems to be quiet....
fozzy

Post by fozzy »

I also get the notification email every time my Netatmo Simple Widget refreshes the data since this afternoon.
I understand that turning off the notification will stop the emails, but I dont want to disable an important security feature like this notification.
Will Netatmo fix the problem, or will now everybody, who uses 3rd party apps, have to disable security features?
flappah

Post by flappah »

Same here. I've got a Raspberry Pi doing uploads to the MetOffice's Wow server and every 10 minutes I get a mail saying the Wow-uploader has logged into my account.

Thanks to Raisch's tip I've disabled the setting. This should solve it. (I'd already setup a mail rule that deleted the mails automatically but this solution is much better! ;) )

Return to “My Weather Station data”