Automatic Wunderground Integration?

This forum provides technical help on how to run Netatmo Weather Stations to accurately gather data.
Ranfu

Automatic Wunderground Integration?

Post by Ranfu » 29 May 2016, 20:44

I got a Netatmo PWS yesterday and finished the set-up today (when I finally figured out the reason for no outdoor readings was that I had the batteries in backward!).

Next I went to Weather Underground to share my data. I went through the sequence of four steps and was assigned a station ID that ended in 136. But I could not figure out how to follow the directions that state (paraphrasing) “Enter you station ID and Wunderground password into the application.” I couldn’t find an answer for how to do this in these forums or anywhere else online.

Then I went to the WunderMap for my location and saw a station precisely (to the three reported decimal degrees of latitude and longitude shown in Wunderground) where mine should be. Oddly enough, it had a station ID that had the same leading letters (an abbreviation of the name of the city in which I live) and ended in the numbers 134. This seems like it must be more than a coincidence. My interpretation is that Netatmo automatically set up my new station with Wunderground.

Is that actually the case?

mibere

Re: Automatic Wunderground Integration?

Post by mibere » 30 May 2016, 13:19

Ranfu wrote:My interpretation is that Netatmo automatically set up my new station with Wunderground.
Your PWS will be added automatically - you even don't need a WU-account.

Ranfu

Post by Ranfu » 30 May 2016, 14:00

Thanks for confirming my hunch!

Ranfu

Post by Ranfu » 10 Jun 2016, 15:38

Follow-up…

Can I take ownership of this station in WUnderground?

mentalbob

Post by mentalbob » 02 Aug 2016, 06:44

Yes, just contact Wunderground tech support to associate the weather station with your WU account. Note that I just discovered that even slightly changing your weather station's location in Netatmo setup will create a new WU station id. Argh!

Update: More likely it's the new outdoor module I paired to it because my old one died. Occam's Razor -n- all that. :)

hmalexander

Post by hmalexander » 27 Oct 2016, 23:11

Is there an experience how long it takes Wunderground tech support to actually do the link? I am waiting since over a week for this and no go so far.

yozh

Post by yozh » 21 Dec 2016, 19:39

Mine never showed up in WU and its been about 2 years now...

crambazzle

Post by crambazzle » 06 Jan 2017, 14:52

Mine has still not showed up!!

Started station on the 6th Dec 2016, Netamo could not give me a time or an approximation of when the station would appear.

Return to “My Weather Station data”