Wunderground rain data not correct

This forum provides technical help on how to run Netatmo Weather Stations to accurately gather data.
wokkeltje

Wunderground rain data not correct

Post by wokkeltje »

Does anybody experience the same problem?

I have a rain gauge and the data in the Netatmo app seems to be OK. However when I look on Wunderground, the data is not correct. Other readings (temp, humidity, ...) seem to be OK on Wunderground, but rain is not correct. (Netatmo is reporting 22mm and Wunderground is telling 16,5mm for yesterday.

More than a month ago I reported this to Wunderground support but they told me it is a Netatmo issue. So I contacted Netatmo and already had to explain the issue multiple times. Today after I requested a status update (I never receive an update without asking for it) they asked me even to sent a picture of the device and the surroundings. So we are back at the beginning and I explained the problem one again.

It would be nice to know if this is a general or isolated issue.
elraj

Re: Wunderground rain data not correct

Post by elraj »

Exactly the same problem here.
wokkeltje

Post by wokkeltje »

Got a new reaction from support. They advised me to replace batteries in raingauge (which are full by the way)

They really don't read the problem description.

How can it be so hard to fix such a simple issue?
wokkeltje

Post by wokkeltje »

After 4 months Netatmo informed me the problem should be solved. But I think they just don't know how to solve the issue.
Today it rained here in Belgium.
According to Netatmo: 1,7mm
According to WU: 1,3mm

So if you accept a margin of 25%, you could say the issue is solved, but according to me it is not.
I completely don't understand why Netatmo can't manage to sent the precipitation number correctly to WU

How can you have fait in the technology of Netatmo.

I will never buy any Netatmo device I think
wokkeltje

Post by wokkeltje »

According to Netatmo is the difference in rain data between them and WU caused by a different algorithm used by WU.

But the difference is small.
According to me 25% less rain on WU is not a small difference.

Story continues I think.

If 25% is small for them, how about the precision of their devices I think.
joshlardinois83

Post by joshlardinois83 »

Same issue here. We had moderate rainfall this morning, and my app and web display showed .906 inches of rain which seems accurate. However, my PWS on Weather Underground only shows .77 inches. The rain has been over for a number of hours, so it's not as if there's a delay between the sync from Netatmo to Weather Underground. A 15% difference doesn't seem minor either, but I suppose it is better than the reported 25% discrepancy mentioned earlier in the thread.

Return to “My Weather Station data”