Netatmo Weathermap don't show my station if not logged in

This forum provides technical help on how to run Netatmo Weather Stations to accurately gather data.
gbvalor

Netatmo Weathermap don't show my station if not logged in

Post by gbvalor » 25 Nov 2017, 09:27

Hello,

Actually netatmo weather map do not show my station when I am not logged, but after logging in it is there again. In addition it is always showed in weather undergroud and datatmo weather map.

I have activated the contribution to weathermap on my station, so I don't know why I can't see my station on the netatmo weathermap when I am not logged in my browser.

Regards

gbvalor

Re: Netatmo Weathermap don't show my station if not logged i

Post by gbvalor » 10 Dec 2017, 09:00

Some weeks after my first postin this thread the situation is the same.

My station is named 'Ogijares-Lomalinda'. Now I guess that is because my station is filtered. I am a professinal meteorologist from Spain and I don't know why my station temeperature data is filtered. I use the same thermometric protector case than Spanish Meteorological Service (AEMET) made from solid wood. The sensor is well protected from IR and visible radiation. Just the intertia for suddent temperature changes is a bit larger than less protected sensors (in addition to large intrinsic thermical inertia for netatmo sensors), but maximum and minimum are reliable. OTH my rain and wind data is not filtered, just the temperature data.

Any solution? I can see stations near mine which clearly show temperature affected by sun radiation and are not filtered.

Regards.

Astur

Post by Astur » 10 Dec 2017, 19:53

Something similar happens to me. The temperature of my sensor is missing, despite there are other stations with clear erroneous values... :?:
Attachments
Captura.PNG

thief

Post by thief » 13 Mar 2018, 14:31

I have the same problem, but it doesn't show up at wunderground or datatmo either. Can only see my station when logged in.
My data is perfect compared to other stations. Strange thing is that my wind gauge show up just fine and if I click it, I can see the temperature too.

Mailed the support but got a ridiculous answer,
asked this:
"My station is not on the map. Only my wind gauge is shown on the map for others.
I have enabled the "contribute to the netatmo weathermap"
The "filtered - not filtered" does nothing.
"

They gave me this answer:
"Dear customer,
Thank you for contacting Netatmo Support.
Firstly, please check the option "Contribute to the Netatmo Weathermap" is well enabled.
If it is the case, you have to know that the Weathermap filters stations, and for some of them, it doesn't pass the quality control, which is really strict.
In order to success this test, you have to ensure that your outdoor module is placed outside, in a well ventilated place protected from the sun beam and the rain, and without any warm sources nearly (ventilation grid for example).

Thank you for understanding.
Have a nice day,

Netatmo Customer Service
"

Can you call that for an answer?, she just repeated what I already told her. :evil:

I'm fine with waiting a week or two for an answer. But give me a proper answer, no bullshit!

thief

Post by thief » 14 Mar 2018, 06:46

Now I got a proper answer, and that was quick, on the same day!
Way to go Bianca! and thank you for a quick response :D

"Hello,

Thank you for your email.
When the station is first installed it takes up to 2 weeks to appear on the weathermap, whereas the wind gauge is not filtered so it appears immediately.
As far as the option "Contribute to the Netatmo Weathermap" is concerned, it's only a preventive verification. In the meantime, in order to be sure the station will be visible on the map, as a safeguard you could check the location of the module, which I understand you have already done.

Have a great day,
Bianca
Netatmo Customer Service
"

So it can take up to 2 weeks for the station to appear on the map.
Would be really nice if this (amongst many other basic things) would be in the "faq" or the manual, would save some time/frustration for all..

Return to “My Weather Station data”