Product idea - temperature & humidity sensor

Suggestions, features and new ideas
JanJakes

Product idea - temperature & humidity sensor

Post by JanJakes »

Hi Netatmo!

I bought the radiator valves, they look great and so far they've been working great as well!

But I have an idea that would make them even greater - a possibility to buy a Temperature & Humidity sensor for each room, a sensor that I could place further from the valve and tell the valve that it should use that sensor to read temperature instead of using its internal thermometer. Something like the https://xiaomi-mi.com/sockets-and-senso ... ty-sensor/.

Why? Because it's hard to measure temperature so close to the radiator. I know, there's the Real Temperature setting, but that doesn't solve the problem either - it all depends on outside temperature, room size & shape, temperature of heating water, etc. An external temperature sensor would make much better job.

And why also humidity sensor? Because that influences feeling temperature I guess.

Anyway - I think many valve owners would spend a bit more money to accompany the valves with such external temperature sensors. I would. A nice product idea, isn't it? :)

It is kind of a missing piece that nor the Thermostat nor the Weather Station can replace. Are you considering developing such device?

Thanks!
Jan

Return to “Feature requests”