Android/iOS/Windows Phone applications

Suggestions, features and new ideas
PickleB

Re: Android/iOS/Windows Phone applications

Post by PickleB »

Sorry...I posted this in a new thread:
PickleB wrote:The apps allow the user to adjust the temperature calibration through the 'Settings' menu. Please can this be extended to the barometer? Perhaps with a link to explain how to do this correctly?

I ask because, as delivered, my station was under-reading by 2 hPa. An email to NetAtmo and this was adjusted. It didn't take long before it was over-reading by 2 hPa and that's where it's currently set. I know that there is some form of auto-calibration to allow for the altitude, derived from the set location, and this may explain the latter change, but there is not enough explanation for me to know how and how the auto-calibration works or how long it takes. That's something I don't like...not understanding.

I realise that another email to NetAtmo will sort out the calibration, but it's my station and I'd rather be able to do it myself. That said, I recognise that there is a balance to be struck between the savvy and not so savvy users (fiddlers), but at the moment there's not even an option and that is frustrating.

Thanks.
And this in the Suggestions for Web App thread:
PickleB wrote:
Sendy_Netatmo wrote:Please put in this topic all features requests concerning the Web application.
This was posted on 25 March...and there have been no other posts from Sendy_Netatmo since then. But there have been plenty from other members.

Just saying... :|
...but it is equally applicable to this one.
Harry2017

Post by Harry2017 »

Hello,

It would be nice to have the ability to define a period of time (f.e. 1 year) and then chose one of the parameters to get for example the average temperatur, the average amount of rain or the whole / kumulative / additional amount of rain in this peroid ... Nice for data-o-holics like me :)
Roukie68

Post by Roukie68 »

Dear Netatmo,

When compressing the trend for the rain sensor on my iPhone/iPad It would be great when it would compress one more step. Right now it compresses it down to week totals but it would be so great to see the total rain fall per month. Then I can see very quickly what the wettest month of the year was.

Thanks,
Erik Roukens
ChmGolf

Post by ChmGolf »

please add support for screen resolution of iphone 6 and newer.
Rd. Vortex

Post by Rd. Vortex »

Can we please get an Android app that scales properly when using a non-standard DPI? Personally I use a custom rom and the DPI I use isn't among standard DPIs for Android. This causes the Netatmo app to become completely broken. This is the only app that I've seen become broken like this when using a non-standard DPI so I imagine it shouldn't be too hard to fix. I've attached a screenshot of the current state of the app with a custom DPI.

It would also be nice if you could browse the graphs on phone without rotating the screen, just like on tablets.
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-10-18-13-46-52.jpg
Screenshot_2015-10-18-13-46-52.jpg (96.61 KiB) Viewed 3582 times
morion

Post by morion »

Hello :)
One nice feature for me is wanted. Fully configurable android widget. There is few great preset widgets but except a synchronization time setting there is no other options. It will be great to set font, font size, compose data set to display. I think it's not too complicated.
Regards
PickleB

Post by PickleB »

Thanks for the latest version of the Android app. I think I like it, although I'm not sure that it's any more functional than the old version.

From my point of view the screen is still dominated by two icons that are of little interest to me; the weather (cloud picture etc) and the CO2 coloured ball. Against those two the max & min temperatures seem insignificant. However, someone must be interested in the rather vague info they impart. Someone in California, maybe?
qsnapper

Post by qsnapper »

View graph with 'rotation lock' on (on iOS)
I always have 'rotation lock' activated on my phone as I don't like it when it auto rotates in my daily routine.
Unfortunately that means that I can't see the graph view unless I first unlock the rotation view, and I then have to activate it again after.
No idea how many people are like me and have the rotation lock on by default, but I'd like to have a button or something in the app to toggle the Graph view even if my rotation lock is activated on my phone.
Corsair63

Post by Corsair63 »

Windows phone app is slightly different from IOS app and this last has been updated recently, when is going to be updated the one for windows mobile??
-----
Over the sailors' grave doesn't grove grass
Corsair
Markoe

Post by Markoe »

Hello,

The iOS app is great but I would highly recommend two configurable settings:

1) An option to choose seeing maximum and minimum data since midnight or the last 24h. When I just wake up the shown data are useless "since midnight".

2) Vertical "Auto scale" at the graphs simply drive me nuts... When I'm scrolling to the side I would like to see maximum and minimum just to compare with other days. But auto scale makes me see at the Y values at the left all the time. PLEASE, add an option to turn auto scale on or off!

Thanks!

Return to “Feature requests”