Global feature requests

Suggestions, features and new ideas
Sendy_Netatmo

Global feature requests

Post by Sendy_Netatmo »

Please put in this topic all features requests concerning the Weather Station improvement in general.
goareva

Re: Global feature requests

Post by goareva »

Hello !

Great weather Station, I'll buy mine today!

Just an additional feature that is missing on my point of view: a static display that would allow displaying the current measures and additionally the current time.

It could be just put on a table or a shelf or fixed to the wall. It would allow just reading the current measures at a glance, without having to find the phone / tablet, unlock it, launch the app, ... And please if you do, think about adding a nice, easy-to-read clock that would automatically adjust winter & summer time ...

I'm sure I will use a lot the app on the device, but I would also like a simple immediate reading of my weather station...

And no need to say that, if you perform such an exquisite design for a display as you did for the rest of your objects, it will be delightful...

Thanks a lot in advance for having this idea in mind !
Matze

Post by Matze »

Hello,

Please see below my link.
I have already started a discussion on very important statistics and overviews.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3393

Please include these items in all of your applications.

Thanks
Matze
mike_du_51

Post by mike_du_51 »

Matze wrote:Hello,
Please see below my link.
I have already started a discussion on very important statistics and overviews.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3393
Please include these items in all of your applications.
Thanks
Matze
Hi,
Excuse me for my english... I'm french.
+1 for an overview and statistics in a table.

I have started 2 weeks ago an excel file to find the max, mini, and other values in our imported netatmo data .
But not show all values what you want : it's a long work...

Topic here : viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4315

I hope for an official update of netatmo web app with this values and statistics....

Mike_du_51
Station météo (+module additionnel, pluviomètre, anémomètre), caméra Welcome
Station météo Netatmo : Aide mémoire
meteo-vintage.com: Site regroupant mes instruments météo anciens
whnagel

Post by whnagel »

Hello,

missing/would be a nice feature:

Rain Today:
Hourly Rate: xxxx/hr
Rain Yesterday:
This Month:
Year Total:

and

actual Temperature with trend arrow up in red or down in green
Today's High: 81.2 °F 4:19pm
Today's Low: 60.1 °F 6:57am
Yesterday's High: 82.6 °F 1:40pm
Yesterday's Low: 66.9 °F 11:58pm

and

air pressure trend with arrow up in red or down in green

and

humidity trend with arrow up in red or down in green

thanks

Werner
dadbear

Post by dadbear »

Hi
A great way to improve thermostat would be to display external temperature from netatmo weather station in the same network during summer, during this season set point temp (the black one) is pretty useless....
JanMetDePet

Post by JanMetDePet »

Historical view.
For past 3 years and calculated mean per month for rain, and temp.

It's nice for planning trips and vacations on some basis.
WillardBL

Post by WillardBL »

I live in a 4 year old precast reinforced concrete construction row house (Stahlbetonfertigteilreihenhaus xD). As you can imagine, we have plenty of insulation. So it happens very often, that the external (and even internal) sensors “stop” working for some hours.
None of the sensors is more than about 5 Meters away from base station, for example, the outdoor sensor is on the outside-frame of the door to the back garden, about 5 meters away from the base station and in direct line of sight to it (there is nothing else in its way, out of me or my family sometimes). But it has most times 2 bars and sometimes it “stops” working for up to some hours.
Maybe it is the insulation, or the 868 MHz frequency spectrum is full of stuff. Whatever!

So, here's a questions and my suggestion:

Does the external Sensors have any type of RAM integrated?
(For a firmware update they should have, or will the firmware be written directly on an EEPROM without any validation? I can’t imagine such a behaver, especially if the rx/tx is such instable)

So, can you use the RAM as a longer buffer (up to some hours) for the values till the base station validates that the values where received correctly?
If that would mean, that the sensors have a shorter battery life time (because of the extra refresh times for RAM and the communication overhead to validate transmissions), I – and maybe most others – could live with it. But please do something against that gaps in records.
Hakki

Post by Hakki »

WillardBL wrote: So, can you use the RAM as a longer buffer (up to some hours) for the values till the base station validates that the values where received correctly?
If that would mean, that the sensors have a shorter battery life time (because of the extra refresh times for RAM and the communication overhead to validate transmissions), I – and maybe most others – could live with it. But please do something against that gaps in records.
+1
I had this in winter for my rain module (and sometimes for outdure temp. module ass wel).. I guess bad weather isn't good for communication either, but it's at those times you have the most rain to register :)
martin13

Post by martin13 »

Feature Request: Personalized Notifications for each module!

I would like to have the possibility to set Personalized Notifications for each module and not for general purposes.
For example: a module placed in the basement should notify me if the temperature is going down below 16°C. The module in the living room should notify me if the temperature is going down below 20°C

Return to “Feature requests”