Global feature requests

Suggestions, features and new ideas
Engholm

Re: Global feature requests

Post by Engholm »

My feature requests:
+ option to calibrate humidity via webinterface (!!!)
+ additional "private / not public" outdoor temperature sensors (for greenhouses e.g.)
+ repeater modul for a higher outdoor range*
+ UV Index / Sun modul

cheers,
Bjoern

* at the moment, the position of the Indoor Module is the base ... it would be finer, if the modules are linked direktly to the WiFi Network or the availabilty of Netatmo repeater modules. It's difficult to place the Base in the living room when the best outdoor measure places are to far away on the other side of the house with several walls between.
PetrM

Post by PetrM »

It should be great to see all measured values on-line, now it is with 5 - 10 minutes delay without the reload possibility.
Kesollos

Post by Kesollos »

It would be nice to get a notification when the outdoor temperature rise above / fall below the indoor temperatures.
The hysteresis could be 1 Celsius for example.
This notification could help us to open/close the windows in time.

Thanks
Kesollos
baronmax

Post by baronmax »

WillardBL wrote:I live in a 4 year old precast reinforced concrete construction row house (Stahlbetonfertigteilreihenhaus xD). As you can imagine, we have plenty of insulation. So it happens very often, that the external (and even internal) sensors “stop” working for some hours.
None of the sensors is more than about 5 Meters away from base station, for example, the outdoor sensor is on the outside-frame of the door to the back garden, about 5 meters away from the base station and in direct line of sight to it (there is nothing else in its way, out of me or my family sometimes). But it has most times 2 bars and sometimes it “stops” working for up to some hours.
Maybe it is the insulation, or the 868 MHz frequency spectrum is full of stuff. Whatever!

So, here's a questions and my suggestion:

Does the external Sensors have any type of RAM integrated?
(For a firmware update they should have, or will the firmware be written directly on an EEPROM without any validation? I can’t imagine such a behaver, especially if the rx/tx is such instable)

So, can you use the RAM as a longer buffer (up to some hours) for the values till the base station validates that the values where received correctly?
If that would mean, that the sensors have a shorter battery life time (because of the extra refresh times for RAM and the communication overhead to validate transmissions), I – and maybe most others – could live with it. But please do something against that gaps in records.
Maybe you don't have the latest firmware? Apparently 102 & 43 has improved wireless connection.... (see other forum post)
Lito

Post by Lito »

Feature Request: Possability to calibrate the humidity manually (like the temperature)and pressure.
Thanks
ChmGolf

Post by ChmGolf »

I would very much like a tvOS app for the Apple TV 4! This would be an awesome display!
qsnapper

Post by qsnapper »

*Be able to combine charts*
I'd - similar to what's done on web version of Netatmo Thermostat - be able to combine two charts.
So to be able to plot indoor and outdoor temperatures in the same chart to easier see how they influence each other.
Corsair63

Post by Corsair63 »

An app for windows 10 like the one for the IPad??
-----
Over the sailors' grave doesn't grove grass
Corsair
robnielsen

Post by robnielsen »

lito wrote:Feature Request: Possability to calibrate the humidity manually (like the temperature)and pressure.
Thanks
Yes this one is needed, please add
mikesh75

Post by mikesh75 »

lito wrote:Feature Request: Possability to calibrate the humidity manually (like the temperature)and pressure.
Thanks
I agree - should be there.
Netatmo Team, any feedback ?

Return to “Feature requests”