Global feature requests

Suggestions, features and new ideas
alesh

Re: Global feature requests

Post by alesh »

Please add:
- option to calibrate humidity
- API for "direct" access over the LAN without connection to internet
- continuous connection to WiFi needed for API mentioned above (for base station of course)

Regards!
alesh

Post by alesh »

Correction of my previous request:
Base station actually does not disassociate WiFi connection. But it sends DHCP release to DHCP server after each periodical sending data to netcom.netatmo.net (back.netatmo.net respectively) server. So it is not accessible on IP layer later. In the next period it requests IP address again and drops it after transfer is done. So please change this behavior and provide API for ability to read out our own data from custom machine/server over the LAN connection.

Ideal behavior should be:
My server located in the same subnet will send GET request (or any other data packet which triggers sending data) directly to IP address of base station.
Base station then sends actual data back to IP address which triggered sending data.

Another approach could be:
Add possibility to configure additional custom server to base station configuration and add custom time interval in which data will be sent to it. I can achieve this this with DNS spoofing and give IP address of my server to base station of course but then I am stuck with 5 min. interval of data reading and encrypted data from fw 102.

At least (or as a first step) provide keys for decryption our data from communication between base station and netatmo servers, please.

Best regards!
indothai

Post by indothai »

mikesh75 wrote:
lito wrote:Feature Request: Possability to calibrate the humidity manually (like the temperature)and pressure.
Thanks
I agree - should be there.
Netatmo Team, any feedback ?

Yes please!
testko

Post by testko »

Please provide "always on" for LED light on base station for CO2 measurement.

Green: below 1000PPM
Yellow: below 2000PPM
RED: above 2000 PPM

Additionally, up and down limits for each color should be programmable.

Always on feauture should be turned on or off (for example with double tap) the base station, or(and) with programmable sheduler....

ON.....during the day, from 6 am to 10 pm
OFF..... during the night, between 10 pm to 6am

LEDs can also be asignable to other sensors (eg. temperature, or humidity etc...)

Thanks
ZIZZI77

Post by ZIZZI77 »

Please add an option to calibrate humidity! it's very important!!!!!!!! thanks
scifi0425

Post by scifi0425 »

On the web portal as well as the iOS apps, include average wind speed.
Bebe

Post by Bebe »

Hello,

As a first I want to thank you for the Wind gauge as this was my first request short after the Rain gauge has came out.
But I still have some few other requests, so here is the list. :)

1) Some kind of intelligent display. Of course the touch one. So everybody can decide what to show on it and where (numbers/graphs/clock/ etc.). Display may be powered by batteries but in that case it should be off by default and turned on by touch to save energy. So I preffer to have it powered from power source to have it visible always without need to touch it. (the similar request has been already posted above)

2) Additional functions for Netatmo Thermostat display. First one is visible indicator when boiler is turned on. And the second one, during summer when heating is turned off simply show the outside temperature instead of the setpoint temperatore. (the similar request has been already posted above as well)

3) Data from the Wind gauge visible on WeatherMap. So we can have map of the wind from whole world similar to Windity. For example to show wind arrows per station with different size, length or color for the wind speed.

4) Add also Wind forecast to 7-day forecast part on Weather station web interface.

That's probably all. :)

Thanks a lot.
Auwaddel

Post by Auwaddel »

Hi,

great weather station!!

I would like the following feature:

I use one indoor module to monitor the conditions in my sellar.
It would be perfekt If I could generate my own rules for notifications.
For example: Generate a measage, if temperatur is lower/higher than x°C, or if humidity is lower/higher than y%rH, .... specifically for each module.

Thanks!
lroguet

Post by lroguet »

Just added a feature/improvement request to the response to the getstationsdata api here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=6345

+ move the base station's data in the modules array (ie. treat the base station like all the other devices).
jobo

Post by jobo »

I like to have an additional water temp gauge to control the pool temperature. Today I have an additional equipment for this feature, but it would be fine to have allinformition in the Netatmo app.
best regards!

Return to “Feature requests”