Extra outdoor module

Suggestions, features and new ideas
Duracell

Re: Extra outdoor module

Post by Duracell »

Is there anything known about an extra outdoor module? I measure the temp at 1.50 m height and would like to measure the temp also at 10 cm height
Sero

Post by Sero »

I also support this request.
stanikuz

Post by stanikuz »

It is good idea to support additional external module. Currently Netatmo offers to buy external module, but for what? For there who lost or broke external module from original Weather Station pack?
I suppose it would be good for the customers and Netatmo too to support 2 (or even more?) external modules to conquer sun influence to measures.
Stan Kuznetsov
Weather: 3x Stations + 7x Indoor Modules + 3x Rain + 2x Wind + 2x Home Coach
Security: 3x Welcome + 2x Presence + 3x Smoke Alarms + 1x CO2 Alarm + 20x Door/Window Sensors + 1x Doorbell
Energy: 7x Valves + 1x Thermostat with 3x Relays
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

I'm currently not a user of any Netatmo products, but was about to buy the weather station with additional sensors. The limitation of a single outdoor sensor stopped me from buying it.

In my case, I wanted to add an additional outdoor sensor for measuring the humidity and temperature in my suspended foundation of the house (below the house), where I suspect that the temperature could be below zero during winter here in Sweden. Then I also wanted a sensor for inside my garage.

So, please Netatmo, add support for multiple outdoor sensors!
stanikuz

Post by stanikuz »

Mellberg wrote:I'm currently not a user of any Netatmo products, but was about to buy the weather station with additional sensors. The limitation of a single outdoor sensor stopped me from buying it.

In my case, I wanted to add an additional outdoor sensor for measuring the humidity and temperature in my suspended foundation of the house (below the house), where I suspect that the temperature could be below zero during winter here in Sweden. Then I also wanted a sensor for inside my garage.

So, please Netatmo, add support for multiple outdoor sensors!
In your case there is no problem for this: you can use additional indoor module(s). But it have limitation for 3 additional indoor modules as maximum. They can measure temperatures below 0°C also.
Stan Kuznetsov
Weather: 3x Stations + 7x Indoor Modules + 3x Rain + 2x Wind + 2x Home Coach
Security: 3x Welcome + 2x Presence + 3x Smoke Alarms + 1x CO2 Alarm + 20x Door/Window Sensors + 1x Doorbell
Energy: 7x Valves + 1x Thermostat with 3x Relays
Chiara_Netatmo

Post by Chiara_Netatmo »

Hello,

We do not recommend to use the additional indoor module outside, as it is intended for indoor use only and an exposition to extreme temperature and humidity conditions could damage it.

Have a nice day
Mr.SanderZ

Post by Mr.SanderZ »

+1 on possibility to buy an additional outdoor module.
Home: Smart Outdoor Camera (will be replaced), Smart Home Weather Station, Smart Thermostat, and Smart Video Doorbell. Done waiting for the smart lock.

Return to “Feature requests”