Thermostat IFTTT Channel Preview

Share your IFTTT experience with Netatmo products!
lurcio

Re: IFTTT Channel Preview

Post by lurcio » 26 Oct 2015, 20:11

I have to agree with TypeC, the inclusion of the Netatmo thermostat in ITTT is welcome but not exposing more operations is a mistake.

I use the thermostat at an elderly relatives house and limiting the triggers to behaviour changes and the lack of more exposure limits it's use. The boiler on the system like many has a sophisticated lockout safety system which can switch the system off with just the presence of a small amount of air in the sysem via a flow switch. This means the thermostat can be calling for heat for some time before I get a telephone call that the heating is not working and the occupants are cold. Exposing the Boiler On and time would mean I could know within 30 minutes of a boiler lockout instead of maybe 4 hours and a temperature drop of 3 or 4 degrees.

I am sure there are many other instances where more monitoring of the thermostat would be an advantage if available and improve the best thermostat on the market.

Edit. Having jumped the gun a bit I have just read about the upcoming app changes and "Self-Care" which may answer my specific problem but also shows the advantages of more triggers.

gallaxya

Re: Thermostat IFTTT Channel Preview

Post by gallaxya » 27 Feb 2017, 11:47

Hi Team,

I get an error when creating the "Send e-mail when thermostat batteries are low" as in the attached image:

Do you have any ideas on this?

Thanks for the time

Aurel
Attachments
errors.JPG

Return to “IFTTT”