API and SmartThings integration broken. Netatmo, please fix

Integration of Netatmo products in home automation systems...
msabre7

API and SmartThings integration broken. Netatmo, please fix

Post by msabre7 »

Since your API changes in November, smartthings integration is dead. SmartThings engineers have reached out to netatmo and have not gotten a reply. A lot of netatmo users have smartthings as well I will abandon netatmo products if this is not resolved.
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: API and SmartThings integration broken. Netatmo, please

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback on this.
This issue is definitely on our radar. Netatmo and SmartThings teams are currently working together on a resolution for this issue.
We will let you know as soon as it’s addressed. Stay tuned and thanks for your patience.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
jtb

Post by jtb »

I'm concidering to buy the thermostats, but can they be integrated with SmartThings?
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

jtb wrote:I'm concidering to buy the thermostats, but can they be integrated with SmartThings?
Hi,
Only our Weather Station is compatible with SmartThings, in the USA.
Have a nice day!
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
jelockwood

Post by jelockwood »

@Brieuc_Netamo

It would be much preferred if Netatmo had more substantial support for Smartthings. By this I mean not only for the Weather system but also the Presence, Welcome and the new Video Door Bell that has been announced a CES 2019. (For the benefit of other customers I will also include the Thermostat and valves in this list.)

It is indeed welcome news that the new Video Door Bell will support HomeKit but if you only support HomeKit and not other smart home platforms you run the danger of not only limiting sales to some extent to Apple only customers but also limiting adoption even by Apple users. This is certainly one of the main reasons I am avoiding EyeHome products which they have deliberately chosen to limit to only HomeKit.

Yes I want HomeKit support, yes arguably HomeKit is technically the best but most people would agree that for now and likely still several years in order to implement multiple smart home products you will need to be able to integrate with other smart home platforms. This is especially true here in Europe since sadly far too many US manufacturers choose to be completely ignorant of life outside the USA.

Return to “Home automation”